Filling a 15 gallon chlorine tank

jlsesler

Apr 23, 2019
Dallas
I have an automatic liquid chlorine feeder with a 15 gallon rola-chem tank . I found a local pool store (pinchapenny) that sells 2.5 gallon containers of LC. I bought one yesterday to give it a try. I found that my tank is awkward to fill because of the built in mount for the pump (see image). On top of that, the pinchapenny 2.5gal containers do not pour well at all. I confirmed that pinchapenny will fill any container that I bring to them. I could bring the 15 gallon container to them, but that would be too much of a pain for me to transport.
Have any of you found a solution to a similar issue? Are there any recommendations for containers (maybe about 5 gallons) that might make this easier? Maybe one that has an extended spout that would pour easier?
tank.PNG

Get some polyethylene tubing and siphon from the 2.5 gallon into the tank.

Securely set the 2.5 gallon tank on a platform above the tank. Fill the tubing with water. Put your thumb over one end of the tubing and put the other end in the 2.5 gallon jug. Put the other end in the tank hole and let it flow. Don't try to suction start the siphon.

I would uninstall the pump from that container(wall mount) and get a regular 5 gallon container and drill the cap for the tubing. Get an extra cap to close when you go refill.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.