fell dump on slam process

coolpool29

Bronze Supporter
Aug 13, 2017
Crete NE
Need help,
Before I slammed my pool, I cleaned up all the big leaves and vacuumed the bottom of the pool to get as much debris as I can, I keep my pump run than I test pool water with kit k-2006 i got first test i add pool water to larger tube show 25 (come with kit) add 2 cup powder water does not change color to pink, I then added 10 gallon jugs of chlorine, 7 bags of Shock X-Tra, and put 3" chlorinating tablets into the chlorination on half-turn setting into the pool. I left the pump running for 24 hours and the water is blue and cloudy and today I took the test again, I filled up the sample pool water with everything that I added to the large tube of the test to halfway of the tube, added one scoop of the powder, and the color changed to red. I feel like I put too much chemicals into the pool. What should I do now? I touch the water with my arm and there is an itchy reaction to my arm.

Attachments

• IMG_9653.JPG
    IMG_9653.JPG
    266.6 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_9654.JPG
    IMG_9654.JPG
    99.1 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_9656.JPG
    IMG_9656.JPG
    369.1 KB · Views: 35
Yeah, that sounds like way to much chlorine all at once. We teach dosing to specific targets based on the test results.

What FC were you targeting?
Did you use PoolMath to calculate how much chlorine to add to reach that target?

What is your actual FC? Sounds like you never completed the test. Use 10ml of water so each drop is 0.5ppm

Last edited:
i run the test today again i fill pool water to cylinder 10ml add 2 scoop powder the solution it does not turn pink (evens i add another scoop powder 3 total) i think i got no chlorine right now. pool water still cloud

That means you have no FC in the water. You need to be testing and adding chlorine more often so that the FC never drops below the minimum for your cya. Of course since it's cloudy you really need to follow the slam process.

Have you run all the tests in your kit?
If so, can post the results?
FC
CC
pH
TA
CH
CYA

So there is no way that we can help you when contact is every 6 days.

Forget the TA and CH.
You need to add 30ppm of CYA
And then add liquid chlorine to follow the SLAM Process. At the start you need to be testing every few hours if possible and adding more chlorine up to the SLAM level target.

You will use a lot when you SLAM. It depends on the concentration and how much of a pain it is to get more. If you are close to the store and you plan to SLAM, 8 gallons of 10-12.5% would be a good start. You may be running out to get more in a couple of days. For maintenance, you will probably go through 4-7 gallons a week or so in daily additions.

How much bleach do I need to buy after getting the CYA levels to 30ppm? 23,000 gallon pool. Don't wanna buy too much bleach ^_^ Thank you.

Use PoolMath to calculate how much bleach you need. How much you buy depends on what % chlorine it has.

You will need to add some every day.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Pool math is only good after you put in your pool specs in the settings mode first and tell it what you want pool math to tell you or figure out for you. After that you put in the test results into the new log area on the bottom of the screen. Once that's entered click the FC TAB and slide the SLAM menu to configure how much chlorine you need for slam depending on the STRENGTH of bleach/chlorine you will be using.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.