Fc low, a few spots of algae, no SLAM but Fc corrected

Poolweekender

Bronze Supporter
May 6, 2017
Hudson Valley, New York
Hi,
As my user ID says, I am at the pool only on weekends.

I usually bring the FC up close to shock level when I leave on Monday am, and by the time I get back on Thursday evening, FC is usually still above the non-SWG minimum (4 ppm).
However with the very hot and sunny weather the last few weeks, the FC when I return has below the non-SWG minimum, the water is crystal clear, CC = 0, but there have been 3 or 4 spots of green algae (each maybe an inch in diameter) that appear on the floor (vinyl + vermiculite), often under slight depressions in the floor where fine dirt accumulates...it's likely the dirt decreases exposure of the liner to the Fc.

I do NOT slam...I just easily brush away the green spots and bring the Fc up to the daily target, and the pool remains TFP clear for the weekend with no further algae spots.

My question is -- I really don't think I need to SLAM in this particular situation...am I fooling myself ?

P.S. I also routinely use polyquat algaecide.

pH 7.6
FC 2 today after being away 4 days
CC 0
CH 200
TA 60
CYA 50

Many thanks for your input,
J

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.