FB Pool Group

“The children now love luxury; they have bad manners, contempt for authority; they show disrespect for elders and love chatter in place of exercise. Children are now tyrants, not the servants of their households. They no longer rise when elders enter the room. They contradict their parents, chatter before company, gobble up dainties at the table, cross their legs, and tyrannize their teachers.” - Socrates

• Haha
Reactions: Shirker
“The children now love luxury; they have bad manners, contempt for authority; they show disrespect for elders and love chatter in place of exercise. Children are now tyrants, not the servants of their households. They no longer rise when elders enter the room. They contradict their parents, chatter before company, gobble up dainties at the table, cross their legs, and tyrannize their teachers.” - Socrates
tumblr_m6ry8lAD3K1qbclhzo4_250.gifv

Watch a old TV show like Andy Griffen and they just pick one today. That’s how they are teaching our kids what’s “normal”

Everything can be bad if you do or use it too much. Anything can be addicting. It's up to parents to do their jobs as parents. But everyone wants it easy, parenting is hard, so if my kid is on social media for a few hours a day/night what's the harm in that.

Everything is all about talking with and supervising... My son is now 19.. He has a facebook and instagram account... I do not have any social media but my wife does... We track him on his phone, we have all his passwords, we get his phone and see what he is doing, what he is saying to friends... we know everything.. we know where he goes, how fast he goes.. how long he stays at one place, when he leaves.. everything is known and tracked.. I have a recording camera in his car that records the road and all conversations.. He had an accident one night and we knew exactly where he was and went right to him... All emails are tracked, if a password changes I know about it.. No if and or buts about it...

We tell him exactly what we are doing and do not give him a choice.. It is for his own protection and the families protection, there are people out there now that will try to take advantage of people and there families..

We have been doing this since he was 8 and he got his first phone... This is not a democracy, it is the rule of me... My job is to protect the family and I will go to my grave doing exactly that...
I agree- we talk regularly & my kids understand the need for guard rails on these treacherous roads.
Funny thing in the 6th grade the phone issue came up with her (cuz errrybody has one) & I explained it wasn’t necessary at that time & instead just an expensive toy that would distract her at school etc. Fast forward to 7th/8th grade & she comes to me saying she doesn’t really want one & changed her mind because she had noticed how many of her close friends had changed once they got one & that its all they wanted to do instead of hanging out, talking, playing sports etc. She noticed the lack of engagement on her own. She is also very understanding of the reason for parental controls since there are some things u just can’t unsee on tv or the internet etc. I’m sure she’ll be thrilled to have a quick way to text her friends as opposed to calling them on the house phone (i was told no one makes phone calls anymore, that’s just for old people 🤣).

Shocked Cosmo Kramer GIF

Reactions: Oly
I don’t have kids because I’m too selfish. I do feel bad for parents having to deal with the WWW. I read all the stories of bad things that happen to children, even ones monitored by their parents. Predators will get their prey no matter what it takes and they are good at it. The OP had mentioned the bad advice given in pool groups. I am a Shih Tzu dog enthusiast and when I was on FB, the amount of bad advice given by good people about dogs hurt my heart. I’m no longer on FB, I do have a mewe that I barely use. Social media is just too peopley for me. Lol.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
The only person in Andy Griffith who was married was Otis Campbell, and he was the town drunk.
Andy wife died and they weren’t teaching you it’s ok to sneak over and cheat with your neighbors wife. I can’t want stiff today, every other word is a cuss word. I get a cuss word if you smash your finger with a hammer but the last movie I tried to watch was non stop and except “ hey man what’s up” it’s hey you $@@0& SOB how it the “F” family” 🤨

Andy wife died and they weren’t teaching you it’s ok to sneak over and cheat with your neighbors wife. I can’t want stiff today, every other word is a cuss word. I get a cuss word if you smash your finger with a hammer but the last movie I tried to watch was non stop and except “ hey man what’s up” it’s hey you $@@0& SOB how it the “F” family” 🤨
Have u tried vidangel?

No, they did. Plenty of newspaper articles and opinion pieces cataloguing it. "Downfall of the human race", pretty much every word the same.

And every generation looks back with hindsight and laughs at how silly it all looks now. But I know, I know. tHiS tImE iS dIfFeReNt
You're exactly right on your point, but is laughter the wise reaction when experiencing how fast the techniques have advanced. I'm on TFP way too much already.
Yes, this tune is not different but the tech is improving and for me, not so funny watching the steady results. :cheers:

"tHiS tImE iS dIfFeReNt" is written visual gold. :thequeen:

It's adults always shouting this is the worst time ever to be a kid. Pick a year, a decade, a century, it's always the worst time to be a kid, because adults don't know anything.

Reactions: Mdragger88
Everything can be bad if you do or use it too much. Anything can be addicting. It's up to parents to do their jobs as parents. But everyone wants it easy, parenting is hard, so if my kid is on social media for a few hours a day/night what's the harm in that.
Yes I agree and who can be sure what's the harm or the benefits for that matter.
My experience in life so far.... if you start with an entry level knowledge of good and evil, expect an important learning curve.
For young parents take heart you get your life back, soon, very soon. It just seems now like this goes on forever, not true. It gets so much better. Imagine your kids as parents. :poke:

Reactions: Mdragger88
Facebook sells your info. You will probably start getting pool store pop ads now
It’s messed up. I texted my buddy a picture of our crab pot dinner we did at the house. Texted a picture over iMessage. Not through Facebook. Next morning. He sends me a text of his Facebook feed. Crab pot place on the Internet advertising. Evil. Everyone and everything listens. I hate Siri and I hate alexa also. I’ll change my own channel thank you. I can still push a button. I don’t need to talk it. My finger works fine.

Reactions: Oly and markayash
It’s messed up. I texted my buddy a picture of our crab pot dinner we did at the house. Texted a picture over iMessage. Not through Facebook. Next morning. He sends me a text of his Facebook feed. Crab pot place on the Internet advertising. Evil. Everyone and everything listens. I hate Siri and I hate alexa also. I’ll change my own channel thank you. I can still push a button. I don’t need to talk it. My finger works fine.
I think the fartbook app and suckerburg get permission and steal your info. Google is just as bad

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.