Heliman500

Nov 19, 2020
Rescue, CA
Hey folks, I am underway with a new pool build. The pool is being built on a slope with an exposed downslope wall. We are looking at finishing the top of the downslope wall with a 45 degree tile feature, most commonly described as a faux infinity edge. I have a pleasant view downslope and want to soften the transition between the pool and the backdrop. My concern is how much water will be lost without the lip of the cantilever pool deck? I don’t plan on any crazy jumping on canon balls, just regular swimming. I have attached an image of something similar. Some real life experience feedback with this arrangement would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!!

Attachments

• 617F5540-91B8-487C-B248-FD286A91E61B.png
    617F5540-91B8-487C-B248-FD286A91E61B.png
    265.4 KB · Views: 93
In this picture, my water is about 1/2 - 1" below the vertical/horizontal elevation point. If I keep it closer to or slightly above that level, I can easily lose an inch of water in a good swim session. Though our swim sessions often involve two dogs repeatedly jumping in. If I maintain it at the level shown, the loss is much less. I'd think my setup would be similar to the negative edge design you are considering regarding water loss.

In this picture, my water is about 1/2 - 1" below the vertical/horizontal elevation point. If I keep it closer to or slightly above that level, I can easily lose an inch of water in a good swim session. Though our swim sessions often involve two dogs repeatedly jumping in. If I maintain it at the level shown, the loss is much less. I'd think my setup would be similar to the negative edge design you are considering regarding water loss.
Thank you. That is great insight. Sounds like the dogs are having lots of fun!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: bmoreswim
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.