FAS-DPD Test Kit availability in the UK?

I know the LaMotte 7022 FAS-DPD was the kit easy to get in the UK, but as it came form the Europe I'm not sure if Brexit has disrupted the supply or pricing.

I found this, but £168.71 seems to be on the pricey side.

If you can't get a kit sorted and I did not think I would ever say this, but you may look into a LaMotte ColorQ-7. It has some limitations like a limit of 10ppm FC that make it a poor choice if you have to SLAM, but some users here have had good luck like Jimrahbe

But, the ColorQ is even MORE expensive. If at all possible go for a drop based FAS-DPD kit.

An update to the 7022 FAS-DPD kit from LaMotte in Europe. I've bought re-agents for this kit before from a very helpful person called Charlotte at lamotte-europe.com but she's just emailed me to say "Unfortunately, we cannot supply these goods currently. They have been discontinued as they do not comply with European Regulations". In a follow up email she said "Unfortunately it is to do with the labelling on all of the chemicals in this kit. There is a process to make the chemicals compliant but the LaMotte product range is huge and we don’t know when this particular kit will made compliant".

lamotte-europe.com are based in the UK but are happy to post to me in Spain but I've searched for suppliers here and I'm struggling to find anything, even the ColorQ Pro 7 is unavailable. I'm now out of CYA tablets, low on DPD powder and starting to panic. Can anyone help with where to get new FAS-DPD test kits or re-agents in Europe?

(PS My only issue with the 7022 kit is that you only get enough DPD powder to do 43 tests and only if you use level spoonfuls of powder. I doesn't say anywhere in the literature if it should be 'heaped' or 'level' spoonfuls and after asking the question I was told 'level spoons' but was never told where that answer came from so I'm still dubious about that).

PPS Sword Scientific and LaMotte-Europe are the same company at the same address. When I first emailed someone they replied with a Sword Scientific email address and the next email I received from that person was from a LaMotte Europe address.

Last edited:
Hey.
I did lots of searching (and contacting the major suppliers) last autumn and got nowhere.
In the end I’ve gone for a non fas dpd kit that claims to measure HR chlorine. (See SLAM FC level measuring)

Having received it and started using yesterday I find the granularity of the measuring to be too broad ( 0.2 x number of drops upto 5ppm, but 3x and 5x for higher ranges).
I’ve emailed the chemist from the company today and he’s said he’s going to work out some different measures sizes of sample water to get better granularity. (I also linked him the cya/fc charts and said that’s what I’m trying to measure to.

I’ll let you know what he comes back with.

Ok cool thanks for pointing me to that thread - I thought i was going mad trying to get hold of this stuff. I've just ordered a Lovibond kit for chlorine and a saltwater kit as I'm running an SWG. I'll jump to your other thread and see how you get on with your chemist.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.