Failure during deep freeze

greif

Jul 5, 2010
IMG_20190202_164632299.jpgIMG_20190202_164621588.jpgduring our deep freeze here a month ago with 30 below trmp with 55 below windchill the upper walls of the pool collapsed and wrinkled around the top halfway around the pool. I had left left it 1/3 full in fall. Think I can save it?

No pool cover? is the temp suddenly quickly thawing ice and snow? Do you think it has a leak? just a guess but with out cover, maybe a leak with sudden thaw, water level dropped, ice stuck to side walls and pulled on liner as it sank? I am not sure on the saving part without actually seing it. Hopefully someone can help who has had an issue with something similar. I am curious on why. Just a quick opinion looking , looks like it might be stretched out and tough to get back in place

Last edited:
“No cover” was not a factor.

Leaving the pool 1/3 full is the culprit, a willful act.
Water is a structural element and provides the lateral support to keep members from being displaced.

The walls are compromised & not safe for use.
I would not entertain a repair.

Reactions: JoeSelf
No cover, we don't have trees near so no leaves to keep out. Everyone around hear empties them to 1/2 to 2/3 full. I used to have a cover but we have very high winds and was shreaded twice and expensive to replace. It was only 2/3 full of snow at the time. A leak, possible as it is the 8 years old and the liner was very faded. There was no thaw before, had been cold for a long time.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.