Excess chlorine usage after adding metal out

Busch

Nov 29, 2018
Mankato, MN
My tub has been up and running for a month. (I had a tub years back and have taken care of a pool with the TFP method for 5 years)

i added metal out the other day because of the staining and the metals in our water from a deep earth aquifer.

now my chlorine usage is off the charts. I have been using 8 ppm free chlorine daily with no bather load. My CC is always at 0.

is this from the metal out? Will it stop?

PH 7.5
FC 0-5
CC 0
TA 60
CH 50 (spa co filled with soft water, I asked to fill 50/50, waiting for calcium from amazon)
CYA 35
Borates 50
temp 101

I am sorry I am just now seeing this.

Yes it could very well be from the metal out. There was a pool replaster where they saw the same thing. I am looking for the thread now but not having much luck. I wanted to see if you two used the same product. Until then just know he had a battle ahead of him but finally overcame the massive FC use. It took about a week and lots of chlorine.

Do you have any kind of filter on the hose that fills the spa? I wonder if there are any that could handle that much filtering to refill the spa?

Yes it could very well be from the metal out. There was a pool replaster where they saw the same thing. I am looking for the thread now but not having much luck. I wanted to see if you two used the same product. Until then just know he had a battle ahead of him but finally overcame the massive FC use. It took about a week and lots of chlorine.

This thread --> Wet Edge Satin Matrix start up - Page 5

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.