Excess chlorine usage after adding metal out

Busch

Nov 29, 2018
Mankato, MN
My tub has been up and running for a month. (I had a tub years back and have taken care of a pool with the TFP method for 5 years)

i added metal out the other day because of the staining and the metals in our water from a deep earth aquifer.

now my chlorine usage is off the charts. I have been using 8 ppm free chlorine daily with no bather load. My CC is always at 0.

is this from the metal out? Will it stop?

PH 7.5
FC 0-5
CC 0
TA 60
CH 50 (spa co filled with soft water, I asked to fill 50/50, waiting for calcium from amazon)
CYA 35
Borates 50
temp 101

kimkats

Mod Squad
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 10, 2012
Tallahassee, FL
I am sorry I am just now seeing this.

Yes it could very well be from the metal out. There was a pool replaster where they saw the same thing. I am looking for the thread now but not having much luck. I wanted to see if you two used the same product. Until then just know he had a battle ahead of him but finally overcame the massive FC use. It took about a week and lots of chlorine.

Do you have any kind of filter on the hose that fills the spa? I wonder if there are any that could handle that much filtering to refill the spa?

ajw22

Gold Supporter
TFP Guide
Jul 21, 2013
Northern NJ
Yes it could very well be from the metal out. There was a pool replaster where they saw the same thing. I am looking for the thread now but not having much luck. I wanted to see if you two used the same product. Until then just know he had a battle ahead of him but finally overcame the massive FC use. It took about a week and lots of chlorine.
This thread --> Wet Edge Satin Matrix start up - Page 5