Excavator comes tomorrow! Last minute advice?

Looks like you're going to get a fair amount of sun on it every day too. Looks great!!!

You did it! Neat! What was the guy on the ladder doing?

What made you take out the patio now instead of later?

Now go measure it. Add about 6" for gunite and plaster.......is it wide, long, deep, etc enough?

Kim

Yes, tons of sun!That was my husband making sure the Baja shelf was symetrical. It's easier to tell from above. They had it all lopsided so we had to get a little serious on them. They finally got it right. We took out the patio now because we have a plan and he already had the equipment there so it was easy and cheaper to do now. Only 6" for gunite and plaster? They said a foot. This is California, it maybe thicker in earthquake country? Anyone know? Rebar will be Thursday, plumb Friday. No work till then. Rain may screw things up though :-/

I'm still here! After a minor rain delay they did the rebar today. Went well. Very happy. Couple minor things I wish I could change (push out curve here, tuck it there, right ladies?) but I know it will look fine in the end. 8 guys were in and out in 3 and half hours. It was impressive. The Gopro barely had time to get anything! One thing I'm surprised about is the pool has actually grown from edge to edge both directions by over a foot and a half after taking into account the gunite and pebble, so that's nice! Everyone said make it as big as you can afford. And you guys were right, the gunite layer won't be as thick as the digger lead me to believe. I think this is my favorite video so far.

It's been forever since I was able to post. A ridiculous 14 hour a day job and some hiccups deciding what to do about decking kept me away. And my GoPro stopped mounting so I couldn't make videos. Lame! But in better news, the pool is DONE! We are currently filling her up as I type! We went with Aqua Blue stonescapes mini pebble. The decking is travertine and we just LOVE it. It was 104° the other day and the travertine was cool to the touch in the direct sun. Amazing. Such a great choice. Here's a pic. Once again I am stuck at work so I didn't take this myself. More to come (if anyone cares! Lol!)
imagejpeg

Bad 14 hour a day job! Keeping him from his WONDERFUL pool and us from seeing more pics!

That is PRETTY!!!

Did you get your test kit yet? Let us know what he gives you and we can help fill in the holes if there any.

Kim:cat:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.