Everything at zero!

I would appreciate seeing daily pictures taken at the same time from the same place. This is an awesome thread thank you for doing it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you wish, daily pictures are fine if placed side by side. If only adding one picture, it may be difficult to go back and forth. I know that with a smart phone, you can capture all the pictures and place them in some sort of folder. This is where my children come in. I can take pictures, but do not tinker around with cropping, etc. We always like to see the conclusion of a SLAM, especially with pictures. Keep us posted!

Take and add pics every day please. We LOVE to watch it with you! I want you to look at the steps! Already SO much clearer! I am going to give you a link to some pics. so you can see what you have to look forward to as far as color changes and such.

Frog Filled Green Swamp to Oasis---Work in Progress!!!!!!

It is an older thread but will show you color changes and yuckness about to happen LOL

Kim

You do not need to test anything but FC at the beginning and once you think you are close, do an OCLT which includes CC test. Once you pass all three criteria and the FC level is below 10, then we can talk about next steps.

Congrats again on making progress!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
So, I hate to be a pest, but is that debris at the bottom of the pool? If so, do you intend to get it out of there?

Per the SLAM process prerequisites in Pool School...
The shadows that are showing on the pics I have no idea what it is.. I've scrubbed and netted there and nothing.. Im sure there are some at bottom of deep end but I've gotten out as much as I possibly can every day without being able to see.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I hit a bit of a snag. Pool is looking much better; however, I underestimated the amount I'd leaves and debris in the bottom. Today I scrubbed and vacuumed to waste as much as I could but my vacuum kept clogging completely up. I still cannot see the bottom but I can see shadows. I netted out as much as I could but there must be a better way to remove the bulk in order to vacuum. Please give me any advice available. I'm attaching the pic from today. Despite this discovery, it's turning clear. Yay!

Removing the sludge is the first step. Your pool will NEVER be clear unless you get that out.
A manual vac or robot is seldom up to the task.

That said, it looks like you are ready to start SLAMming the pool. Cleaning out that debris is mandatory and I don't think you should start counting the days of your slam until you are sure you have removed all you can. Things will go quickly once you decide you have to take a hands-on approach.......I know of no magic formula to make that sludge go away......you have to get it out manually.

So you have been vacuuming to waste.............that is what I was going to suggest.

Two ideas:

-rent a trash pump from Home Depot

-vacuum to waste BUT go REAL slow......more like you are sneaking up on the stuff. Back off then go back in over and over. It will take some time but.........better than clogging up your hose.

I would have the water hose going to add water as you take it out.

-get a deep net and put a T-shirt or such in it to help hold the yuck????

Good luck and let us know what works for you so we can pass it on to the next person!

That water IS looking great! You must be hitting it hard with the bleach! Good job!

Kim

Hi Brian. I hauled close to 20 wheelbarrows of leaves and sludge out of my foreclosure pool a few years backl...and still missed a corner as you will see in pic...trust me, it will clear faster if you can nail those leaves ;)

A pool leaf rake net works until your back hurts, but this cheap thing that you hook up to a hose is helpful too and requires a bit less physical exertion:

Here are links so you know what i mean:
(This works by causing a little "Venturi" from the hose water that helps push leaves up into net...if there's silt, water will cloud up a bit when using it, but the pool filter will clear that up again)
Amazon.com : Universal Leaf Gulper Pool Vacuum : Swimming Pool Pressure Cleaners : Patio, Lawn Garden

And here's a regular leaf rake...I went through a few:
Amazon.com : Crystal Pool Silt Rake, HEAVY DUTY POOL RAKE / HIGH QUALITY / LIFETIME GUARANTEE / BONUS POLE CLIP Garden

And here's pics of the "change" from following te TFP way, as you can pretty much by now tell...it works! ;)
image.jpg

Cheers to clear!

I'm so thankful to everyone on this thread. My process took longer because of the tremendous amount of leaves and debris at the bottom that I couldn't see. The more I raked, scooped and vacuumed the more they stirred up and even seemed to multiply! I'd let them settle back and start all over again along with scrubbing. Every day the water would be a bit more clear. I finally got the last of the leaves and acorns out 2 days ago and you will see the pics below of my clear and pretty pool! I made a collage but if anyone wants to see the full pics let me know and I'll post. Today it's clear with a tiny bit of clouding. I expect that to clear today or overnight then I'll need help with what to do next. My steps are stained and I've noticed a few spots on bottom in shallow end that look like rust but I don't see how that's possible on a vinyl liner? I'd welcome any help there! Again, thank you doesn't quite cover my gratitude. If you ever run across someone doubting this method, send them my way!

I am going to do sets of links. Don't get overwhelmed. It is a LOT of info. Just take a bite at a time until you are ready for the next one.

The whys and hows of TFP. THE most important link for you!

Pool School - ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry

Print these out to keep by the test kit:

Pool School - Recommended Levels

Pool School - Basic Pool Care Schedule

Pool School - Chlorine / CYA Chart

Just good info to have:

Pool School - Perform the Overnight FC Loss Test (OCLT)

Pool School - Recommended Pool Chemicals

I will work on the stains when I have more time. For right now you can do a search on the home page search. You might be able to find help there before I get home.

Kim

- - - Updated - - -

OH! DUH! You did an AWESOME JOB! What a difference!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.