Evaporation during cold windy low humidity...

MCF50

Aug 18, 2020
Houston
Expect much more evaporation vs. stagnant humid summer days? I had a leak test and they fixed it but now with cold windy low humidity I am losing about 1/2" per day again...autofill keeping up. Almost a constant drip from autofill.

1/4 to 1/2” per day is not unusual. I lose 1” or more per day in summer. We have essentially zero humidity year around.

Do you have a solar cover? That will cut down any evaporation almost completely. You can get one for ~$100 - cheaper than a leak detection company!
Thanks. I
Do you have a solar cover? That will cut down any evaporation almost completely. You can get one for ~$100 - cheaper than a leak detection company!
Thanks. PB paid for leak detection. And I would rather pay for water than have to mess with a cover when I want to look out my windows and see the pool.

You can also use a "liquid" solar cover. They retard evaporation up to 50%. In the days of our California drought (when is it not?) our local water companies asked us to have our customers use it. I have been doing so for 15 years with no issues. They used to form a slightly cloudy "sheen" to the water in colder weather but I haven't seen that in years.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.