error message-check flow

Aug 3, 2016
syracuse NY
Hi everyone, having an issue with my salt generator, its an autopilot digital nano, 3 years old. Three days ago I saw an error message low amps, I checked my manual troubleshooting and did what it said. I shut it off, unplugged everything plugged it back in, turned it on, no error message. Last night (two days later) same message, so the next step in the manual is clean the tri-sensor blades and check the salt. The test-pool pilot read out on the menu revealed my salt was only at 2600ppm, and it said to add 30lbs, I didnt have any salt on hand, so I figured I will get the salt tomorrow, I then decided to clean the blades, OK I did this once before when I first got the pool and had scaling on the blades because I didn't know what I was doing with the water chemistry back then. So I removed the tri-sensor (and got soaked because I couldn't find the plug to stop water flowing from the tube that shoots the water into the pool) I didn't see any white on the blades, but decided to clean them anyway with 1 part muriatic acid and three parts water. Let it soak 15 minutes and replaced it. I turn the thing on, and now get an "error flow message"? Back to the manual, I cleaned the union screen, baskets, my cartridge filter is pretty dirty, it's 3 years old but I cleaned it with a hose again and got some gunk out of it, put everything back together and the water is flowing through everything fine, no leaks that I can see, still check flow message.
So where do I start? I know I need to add salt, and I am going to go by a replacement filter cartridge today, I read on here someone had the same issue and it was their filter cartridge was dirty so the correct amount of water pressure was not triggering the switch. It seems odd though as soon as I cleaned the tri-sensor this message starts popping up? Can the tri-sensor go bad in 3 years? Is it possible I cleaned it wrong and damaged it or when I replaced it the water was flowing out could that effect it? Any suggestions?

I added salt, a new filter cartridge, and made sure the water level was good, turned it on, still the error message! I ordered a new tri-sensor from salt pool guys, so as soon as I receive that I will install and see if that is the problem. In the mean time keeping the chlorine up with some bleach.....this is so aggravating.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.