Error: Heater too hot Artesian Elite Heater plug melted

jkfromk

Nov 15, 2021
Paola, KS
Been getting the error message "heater too hot" on my Artesian Elite Spa. Flow seems to be fine, water balanced, no scaling that I can detect. Even got the error with the filter off. Looked at spa pack and noticed black/burnt aux board for heater the plug from heater is crispy. I have found the replacement board but trying to fine the heater plug. Anyone know what plug that is? Also, any idea why this could have occurred? Stuck relay? Thank you in advance.

IMG_0863.jpgIMG_0862.jpg

Been getting the error message "heater too hot" on my Artesian Elite Spa. Flow seems to be fine, water balanced, no scaling that I can detect. Even got the error with the filter off. Looked at spa pack and noticed black/burnt aux board for heater the plug from heater is crispy. I have found the replacement board but trying to fine the heater plug. Anyone know what plug that is? Also, any idea why this could have occurred? Stuck relay? Thank you in advance.

View attachment 458875View attachment 458876

Reactions: Methuselah
Thank you for the replies. This it he first issue I've had on the spa but seems to be big one. Do you happen to know if PN: 33-1920-08 /MBP20P5M is direct replacement for: MBP20P5? I am having terrible time getting parts/answers from my dealer.

Those are balboa controls, and they only make that type of plug in one size. If it looks right, it is.
Thanks @RDspaguy. I got the new spa pack (MBP20P5M) installed. Of course the design is different now with the heater integrated in it and the connections are different (female union vs male) as well as being quite a bit wider. Tsis made for a challenge getting it all to fit but it's up and running. This spa pack has a water feature/mister control which I do not have. I noticed it comes as setup #3 and I need to setup as config #1 (5 pump w/o mister). How do I go about doing that? I've searched and can't seem to find any reference.

Also, there a manual on how the use of the dipswitches on the board itself? I turned on the 4 pump w/ heater option but not sure what the others are for outside of the reference of the spa pack cover. Specifically I'm curious about the special amperage rule and and the memory switches.

Thanks again for all the help.

Attachments

• IMG_0912.jpg
    IMG_0912.jpg
    151.8 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_0913.jpg
    IMG_0913.jpg
    246.8 KB · Views: 6
You posted a blurry pic of the only dipswitch manual.
Configurations are accessed through the topside, I'm not sure exactly how as I've never done it myself. The new pack didn't include a manual? That's surprising.
It looks like that pack is proprietary so you might check in your Artesian paperwork for one, or call Artesian. Balboa may not be permitted to release proprietary info.

I googled melted connector cause. It suggested melted plug causes. Answer is heat of course, but from over current or contact resistance? Anyway your fix seems 100% and the google results if you care to peruse them are pretty clear.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.