Equipment pad location

ivparker

Bronze Supporter
Aug 28, 2016
Byron Center, MI
We signed a contract but won’t be building until July (I’m in Michigan) just trying to think through things. Our pool will be only about 20 ft from our house. We will fence a part of our backyard (but most of it) with one of the 4 sides being the house. We are going to put the equipment pad on the side of the house. Our pb thinks we should put it on the outside of the fence. We are thinking we should put it inside the fence so that we don’t have to go out the gate (there will be a gate there) to get to the equipment. Plus that extra spot can be decked and be a good place to store all the pool toys. We also like that the equipment will be more protected inside the fence. We thought we could build a small decorative wall to block it from view, if need be. Is there a reason we should do it like our pb suggests, outside of the fence? Thanks!

For the pad, it is all about access and noise. If you use a VS pump noise is less an issue. If you have automation, access is not as much of an issue day to day. Just need room to clean the filter, etc.

I don’t see a problem with the equipment in a corner inside the fence. The PB likes a location near the house since utilities are close.

Will you have a heater?

Read...

Yes, we will have a natural gas heater and a vs pump. We also will have automation. I think the equipment will be in the same spot no matter where we put the fence but it’s more of if the equipment should be inside the fence. He just gave us a weird look when I mentioned keeping it inside the fence. I also see these beautiful pics of pools with the pad not visible. The fence probably would cover it better if it was outside of the fence.our pool will extend past the length of our house, so I guess it could be somewhat visible.

What model heater will you have?

Heaters make noise when running and consider where the heater exhaust will blow.

i,

I vote for inside the fence.. There are plenty of ways to disguise it.

In my case, I built a shed around it. I just had them build part of the deck as the shed floor.

Does not make sense to me to have your equipment outside of the back yard where the pool is...

Thanks,

Jim R.

That has a noisy blower and note the direction the blower exhaust will go.
Ok, thanks. I will try to remember to take note of it. I think the equipment will be against the house. I hope it won’t be an issue. I also thought of building a shed like structure around it (depending on if our hoa would allow it). Do you think we should put it inside of the fence, though? I also was thinking of putting something like this in front to block view of it and somewhat buffer noise. Xpanse 2 ft. H x 4 ft. W Morse Screen Composite | Wayfair

Inside the fence.

Do you have any drawings to let us see what we are discussing?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.