Enough pool store

Yakhack

May 31, 2019
Southeast Fl
After doing basics,thought it was all under control for years.Well as the mgr of pool store says everyone makes a mistake ----but constantly.My stabilizer is high, it will go down -my calcium is very high, my alkalinity was low.All of these were accomplished in 3 weeks by employees who looked at old readings and gave them as new ones.Got my taylor 2006c and I'm on the mend-- 23,000 gallons fc 6,ph 7.6,ta 80,cya 75,calcium is around 450(started at 200)they got me to 500. Switched from tabs to liquid cl,got my TA up gradually.Hopefully with rain we get, I'll be able to dump water during summer to get cya and cal down again. Then I'll have to start all over again next winter when I get new plaster. I've been using your forums and pool calculator last cpl of weeks.It feels good to be in control now ,have no idea where they got readings from to screw me up. Just to check ,after I got kit went back and they were not even close on the numbers.Its not rocket science, so new employees just wing it I guess.IF anything looks too scary let me know.Great forums and people giving help.

Reactions: Oly
I think the manager ought to give you some credit to be put towards some muriatic acid or liquid chlorine. Geesh, that was some "mistake" if you ask me!

Glad to have you join us here Yakhack :) Welcome to TFP.

Maddie :flower: