Greenville, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Howdy y'all! I'm new to the forums and soon to be a new pool owner (in-ground salt). Our family lives about an hour east of Dallas in Greenville, TX. When I agreed with my wife to finally get a pool, I told her she would have to the be pool boy and I'll be the pool manager. I'm making my way through the pool school articles and already bought a test kit from TFTestKits.net. The articles are very informative and I just discovered the Wiki pages. I haven't yet dipped my toe into the forums. Admittedly, I'm a bit overwhelmed already by all the variables I have to keep in check (SWG %, pump run time, FC, TC, Alkalinity, CYA, pH, etc) but hopefully it's easy to manage. I am vehemently opposed to paying someone $200-300/month so I have no choice but to learn :) . I'm sure I'll be diving into the forums soon. Sorry for all the puns :)

Reactions: Newdude
Hey Aggi and Welcome !!!

Great job finding the important stuff. Get a build thread going in the under construction sub forum and bring us up to speed. We'll list all the +/-'s for whatever is left and you'll end up with your best pool.

Also don't hesitate to ask away in any of the other appropriate sub forums from SWG use to chemistry to poolside paradise.

Here's some inspiration when the learning part gets overwhelming.
How Clear is TFP Clear?

We are all just regular Joe's and Jane's doing it on the cheap and easy. Any iota of it is stupid easy but step back and as a whole its info overload. Keep picking away at it and we'll help if need be.

Reactions: AggiEngineer