Endless supply of CL

Jul 15, 2017
Minoa
Love TFP! I have learned so much about my pool from all of you - thank you!

Its kinda cold here in NY, but I got salt, shock, and liquid two weeks ago. With things the way they are, I thought it would be a fun project to bring the pool online with the kids. Warm day temps with the winter cover on has got me to a water temp of 45. Now I'm thinking that it may be nice to have a limitless supply of CL with the SWG. My question is- (am i going crazy) what temp do you think I can get a high enough concentration of CL to be effective? My experience with opening the pool seems to be somewhere in the 60s.

Welcome to TFP.

I am not sure about your Aqucal SWG but most SWG's shut down when water temp colder then 50-60. So you need to get the water temp above that to get the SWG generating. And your Aquacal Heat Pump is not going to be effective until air temp is in the 60s.

Welcome to the forum.
Your SWCG is an Autopilot. Do you know which one? The Digital Pool Pilot model states the generation of chlorine begins to lessen at 65F and essentially is off at 55F.

DIgital Pool Pilot is correct -

To early! I think I'll get it going on shock, for something to do, and go SWAG when I can. (I always jump the gun in the spring.) CL use should be low at cold temps once SLAM is complete.

Thank you all- I have been reading TFP for years.

You are not jumping the gun at all. In fact, good for you!

Getting your pool up and going while the water temps are still cold, but not in danger of freezing over is highly recommended. Way too many people wait way too long to open, and by that time, their pool is a swamp. Opening now will be a breeze and cost less money overall.

(I always jump the gun in the spring.) CL use should be low at cold temps once SLAM is complete.

Reactions: wireform
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.