Electrical

Check you manual for exact part and instructions.

How many single pole and double pole circuit breakers will you need?

View attachment 382973
I saw those and was wondering if they would be needed.

I would highly recommend automation like an IntelliCenter with the included subpanel.

With a variable speed pump and a SWG (both highly recommended), you will need the ability to control everything.

Without automation, you will need a separate SWG power supply and a timer for the SWG and a timer for the lights etc.

I would generally recommend a separate switch for each light to allow you to be able to select different lights for different occasions.

Some people don't like all lights on at the same time all the time.

Sometimes, you might only want 1 or 2 lights on.

Are you going to get a cleaner robot or a gas heater?

Are you going to have water features like laminars or sheers?

Reactions: Poolmichael
I should have have added that you will also need to check the ratings on the panel, some limit the maximum breaker size to 70
Honestly I will probably never need more than 70 amps so if that's the case then that will be fine for now.
If I ever needed more then i could wire it for 100 amps and install the service disconnect switch.

I would make sure the wires can handle 100 amps to allow for a heat pump in the future as that is a popular addition that you might want or a future owner might want.

When buying a house, people like to see "Heated Saltwater Pool" as a description of the pool.

Reactions: Poolmichael
Agree with getting automation controller with a built in sub-panel.
I ran 100 amp to a main disconnect like the Eaton posted above. Then feed the Hayward Omnilogic Panel.
If you stay with the subpanel idea, exchange it for a 100amp panel with a main breaker.
Wiring for 100 amps will require 2/2/2/4 aluminum or 4/4/4/8 copper.

I would highly recommend automation like an IntelliCenter with the included subpanel.

With a variable speed pump and a SWG (both highly recommended), you will need the ability to control everything.

Without automation, you will need a separate SWG power supply and a timer for the SWG and a timer for the lights etc.

I would generally recommend a separate switch for each light to allow you to be able to select different lights for different occasions.

We are getting no automation, and timers for everything.
We are fine with all the lights on at the same time.(in theory)
No heater and yes eventually a robot cleaner.
No water features at all.
It's a plain budget friendly pool.
Agree with getting automation controller with a built in sub-panel.
I ran 100 amp to a main disconnect like the Eaton posted above. Then feed the Hayward Omnilogic Panel.
If you stay with the subpanel idea, exchange it for a 100amp panel with a main breaker.
Wiring for 100 amps will require 2/2/2/4 aluminum or 4/4/4/8 copper.
It is wired with 4/4/4/8 copper.
I paid the extra for that👍

Reactions: JamesW

We are getting no automation, and timers for everything.
We are fine with all the lights on at the same time.(in theory)
No heater and yes eventually a robot cleaner.
No water features at all.
It's a plain budget friendly pool.

Reactions: JamesW
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.