Easy touch stopped turning the pool on

Tbartley2002

Oct 5, 2019
Lakeland, FL
Hello everyone.

My pentair easy touch Pool and Spa unit quit turning my pool pump on / off. I have to press the Filter pump button manually to get it to turn on. I’ve ran diagnostics but it came back clean. I’ve pressed the reset button on the panel (no change). I have not tried the reset under the diagnostics menu. (Because I was unsure if I’d have to reprogram the whole unit if I did and I wasn’t ready for that. Lol)

Thanks in advance for your thoughts and ideas

Tammy

Welcome to TFP.

Do you have ScreenLogic?

@Jimrahbe should be able to get you going.

Tammy,

It is unusual for an EasyTouch to be connected to a Hayward VS pump, so I want to make sure what you have...

Does your pump have a communications cable that runs from the pump to the EasyTouch? If so, can you normally change the pump's speeds using the EasyTouch?

Sounds to me like you have lost your schedule to turn the pump on and off... If you have ScreenLogic, please post the following screen shots..

Thanks,

Jim R.

No. You can program it without Screenlogic.

Go into the Menu and then Schedules. See what is set up.

Tammy,

It is unusual for an EasyTouch to be connected to a Hayward VS pump, so I want to make sure what you have...

Does your pump have a communications cable that runs from the pump to the EasyTouch? If so, can you normally change the pump's speeds using the EasyTouch?

Sounds to me like you have lost your schedule to turn the pump on and off... If you have ScreenLogic, please post the following screen shots..

Thanks,

Jim R.
Hi Jim. I’m away from the house for a couple of days so I’ll have to check when I get back.

I see above your pump is not tied to the Easytouch. So you cannot control the pump with the Easytouch. Service Mode disables all functions of the Easytouch.

You stated at the start that pushing the Filter button on the ET would start the pump. That is not possible in Service Mode. Your pump may be tied into the pump relay and is powered off / on by that relay.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Tammy,

Schedules will never work in the Service mode.. That is the whole point of the Service mode... In the Service mode you shut any automated schedules off so that you can work on things without having to worry if the pump will start or not..

You need to be in the Auto mode... Push the mode button on the front of the EasyTouch enclosure.. It will cycle through Auto, Service, and Timeout, then Auto again, etc..

Edit... The Service mode prevents "automated" actions, I don't believe it will prevent manual actions... Because all you can do with your pump is turn it off and on, it makes sense that it is connected to the Pump/Filter relay..

Thanks,

Jim R.

Last edited:
Tammy,

Schedules will never work in the Service mode.. That is the whole point of the Service mode... In the Service mode you shut any automated schedules off so that you can work on things without having to worry if the pump will start or not..

You need to be in the Auto mode... Push the mode button on the front of the EasyTouch enclosure.. It will cycle through Auto, Service, and Timeout, then Auto again, etc..

Edit... The Service mode prevents "automated" actions, I don't believe it will prevent manual actions... Because all you can do with your pump is turn it off and on, it makes sense that it is connected to the Pump/Filter relay..

Thanks,

Jim R.
Thanks Jim. That fixed it. ?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.