Easy Care Water Scale Preventer

I went to the website and all I can find are sales-hype claims. No disclosure of the sound science behind it, nor the contents, and how the chemistry works that I require. The SDS link only gives you the first page of 5. So it doesn't even have a complete SDS. Another no-no for me.

I'm staying away from this.

Chris

It’s not going to hurt anyone. Beautec has been around a while. It’s likely a polyanionic compound similar to polyacrylic acid (PAA) or AMPS (2-Acrylamido-2-Methylpropane Sulfonic Acid). They are non-phosphate based chelating agents that bind strongly to many types of mineral ions and fine clay materials (anything with a positive charge to it). They breakdown more slowly under chlorine oxidation.

It’s a product similar to ScaleTec scale inhibitor that TFP would recommend using during plaster startup. The only interference you’re likely to see is that you are going to get an artificially low CH value (depending on the dose) so you won’t be able to trust your CH number. It’s hard to say what that drop in CH will be so you might want to carefully test CH several times before and after application to see what effect that will have.

I appreciate the informative response by JoyfulNoise on this product recommended by my PB / Grotto builder. It does work VERY well keeping anything from building up on my Grotto. FYI. I did not start this thread. An Admin decided to post this. I was responding to another member who had a white "calcium" line developing on his new pool and was looking for suggestions.

Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
It does work VERY well keeping anything from building up on my Grotto.
Normally we don't see very much evidence to show these items work as well as advertised. Good to hear you seem to be having some success. Of course being in Mesa, I suspect your water is hard like others in the valley, so watch your CSI as well to help prevent future scaling. Good luck!

Reactions: Psycho1122
Matt's an expert in this area so I'd defer to him. But I'd want a TFP expert to weigh in before I'd add anything that doesn't list ingredients.

Chris

I have to confess I'm a little curious about this product myself. Also a little fearful. When I read "polymers" as a product component I think of multi-viscosity motor oil, where polymers string together to allow 5w motor oil to cling like 30w. Then I imagine this gooey stuff clogging my filter cartridges and accumulating here and there where it reduces the rate of water flow. OTOH, I also wouldn't mind removing "scrub waterline tiles with brush and muriatic acid" from my ever growing list of periodic duties that increasingly make being retired seem less like being retired. Anyone have extensive use of this product with filters--as well as other things--being unaffected? And how long it lasts?

BTW, my CSI calculates to 0.07 most recently, but I still get calcium deposits on the tiles above the water line. Not a lot, but what I get is really stubborn.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.