Easiest way to put sand back in sand filter?

DuchessJen

Jun 18, 2021
Austin, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Intex Krystal Clear
Haha, so I was replacing my cracked 4-way valve with my new one, and it was stuck on the stand pipe. I ended up accidentally pulling the stand pipe out.

Luckily, I own a wet/dry shop vac, so removing the sand took less than 5 minutes.

What’s the easiest way to add it back?!?

The sand is currently in a 5-gallon bucket and the shop-vac!

Put water in the filter to fully cover the laterals. Put something over the standpipe. Then slowly pour the sand in the filter.

Reactions: proavia
Here's the trick to this filter, just set the lateral assembly inside filter, then center the standpipe with the filter opening, get a plastic cup or something to place over the stand pipe, pour the sand in filter, and always make sure as you fill it with sand that the standpipe remains centered, and that you don't end up having the assembly rise up in the filter, if that happens you wont be able to put the valve on top of the filter because you didn't pay attention and now the standpipe prevents the valve from being able to be mounted to top of filter, when people attempt to do this type of repair most are usually in way over there head, there's nothing more frustrating than going through all that, only to find out the assembly lifted up on the sand bed and the valve can't be clamped down etc etc....good luck.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.