Ducks!! How to keep them out of the pool?

Find some very heavy monofilament fishing line. Cheapest stuff you can get so it will be larger diameter. 30lb South Bend monofilament from Walmart is one option. Zig-zag it back and forth across the pool about every 10 ft or so. Put it high enough it’s not in anybody’s way. It greatly disrupts the ducks landing and taking off so they feel trapped.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
It could be worse. A couple years ago, these ducklings and mama duck made a playground out of the my in-laws' pool for two to three months. They made a mess of the pool. Do what you can to make sure they don't start nesting. Once the eggs are down, you're stuck with them.

20180714_154132.jpg

Reactions: fatboy1271
I had the blow up gator and it was OK at first, then they came back again. I picked up some green mono-filament 30lb fishing line today and made a grid all over the pool with it. Not warm enough to swim here yet, so I used the anchors in the deck from the safety cover. Went back and forth all over the pool. The 2 ducks came back a few hours later, landed in the pool and got all caught up in the stuff and immediately left. Hopefully they leave the area and nest elsewhere within the next week so I can remove the fishing line and use the pool. That roast duck picture above sure looks good though!

I had the blow up gator and it was OK at first, then they came back again. I picked up some green mono-filament 30lb fishing line today and made a grid all over the pool with it. Not warm enough to swim here yet, so I used the anchors in the deck from the safety cover. Went back and forth all over the pool. The 2 ducks came back a few hours later, landed in the pool and got all caught up in the stuff and immediately left. Hopefully they leave the area and nest elsewhere within the next week so I can remove the fishing line and use the pool. That roast duck picture above sure looks good though!

That’s how it works. It just messes with their heads.

Now they are back and just standing on the pool deck trying to figure out how to get in. If they cant get in the water for a few days, will they just give up and leave?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.