Drained my pool till cya was 40 now having a hard time getting my ph right

DavidDury

Sep 22, 2019
San Antonio Texas
Drained my pool 1/2 way 3 times. My cya is finally in check at 40-50. Green pool is now a pretty blue! I’m now having a hard time getting my ph lowered. My TA is 160 and I have added 2 gallons of 34.5% muratic acid over the last 3 days. It goes down and goes back up. Should I keep adding? Or is something else wrong?

With your elevated TA the pH will rise pretty quickly. Be sure to test your TA as that effects how much acid you need to lower pH.

Keep lowering your pH to 7.2 when it rise to above 7.6. When your TA comes down to below 100, then let pH rise to 8 prior to adding acid.

Also make sure your water features and fountains are use sparingly (yet daily) when trying to lower pH. They're often the cause of rising pH (along with that high TA)

Can you please fill out a signature line describing your pool and its equipment and features? Helps us a lot when answering questions. TIA!

Maddie :flower:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.