Don’t know where to start for pool renovation in Phoenix Arizona.

For home automation, I use a protocol called Insteon, and its associated hardware (switches and outlets, etc). It works in step with a software component that runs on my Macintosh computers and iPhone and iPads. (That's an old iPad on the wall in the picture that I mounted in a frame.) It offers virtually unlimited programming of the hardware and how it all works together, to a geek's content. I settled on all that software and hardware long before home automation took off in popularity the way it did. Now you have all sorts of protocols and systems available. I don't know much about any of those, as I've only focused on the system I have. Others here use some of those other systems. Maybe they can offer ideas about which one is best.

If you settle on Insteon, I'm your guy.

You might want to start a separate thread about it, with a title that would grab the attention of the other home automaters. Though there must be tons of HA forums out there, that would likely be a better source of information than our meager pool forum. I don't frequent any, sorry, not much help...
I love to read your detailed information. Thanks. I will sure look it it once I get the outside figured out. Still need to do the garden area too. Lost a lot of trees and plants that died. My husband was very healthy and loved gardening but came down with a virus which I think was similar to Covid but in 2018. It’s a miracle he survived but was in hospital and rehab for a year. Now learning to live without his sight but we are finding different ways to enjoy things. He can listen to movies using audio description. His Apple Watch does help with messages etc.

I just got a CDC pool quote:
Baja Mini Pebble 7500
Color upgrade 500
Pressure test 400
Equipment package 3500:
- Pentair cartridge (or sand) filter w/ VSF intelliflo pump, replumb header and 2x3 slab
Dedicated cleaner line with valve 800
Pool light Led colored large 1070
IC 400 pentair salt system 2500
Heater BTU 400K 3400
Pump for spa 1120
Cap infloor system 740
Pool start up chemical etc 300
Acid wash 200
Clean tiles in spa/ pool 1000

I wanted to make sure I’m not missing anything, is this a reasonable price?
are there any other upgrades needed?
Also leaning towards cartridge filter, is it better than sand or DE for ease of maintenance/ efficiency?

Be sure you ask about the full chip out (I mentioned that in post #29).

Most of those prices seem high to me, but I'm sure I'm out of touch with the pool market these days. I guess every aspect of pool work is more just now... I'm not seeing anything that seems outrageous, he's just applied a healthy markup.

The 2x3 pad jumped out at me. Is he just adding a small one to accommodate one item? Would be nice to have all your stuff on one big slab, but maybe that's not in the cards.

Have to added anything else besides this list. I know I don’t have the panel to monitor the equipment on the phone. Are you putting one?
No only equipment for mine is cartridge filter, but my reno has a bench being added and our small travertine area so its just a little different but the general pool stuff is about the same

CDC is all in house, with a proven track record, skilled crews, quality workmanship, and the owner of CDC is very hands on, in the field keeping things running smooth, etc..after all the years they have been in business, he is still in the field running his company, that should tell you a lot.

P.S. You won't have to ask him if he does complete chip out's, he already knows this.

Great company.

CDC is all in house, with a proven track record, skilled crews, quality workmanship, and the owner of CDC is very hands on, in the field keeping things running smooth, etc..after all the years they have been in business, he is still in the field running his company, that should tell you a lot.

P.S. You won't have to ask him if he does complete chip out's, he already knows this.

Great company.

thank you for making me feel even better in my choice, I have had a great experience with them from the moment I requested an estimate

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
The 2x3 pad jumped out at me. Is he just adding a small one to accommodate one item? Would be nice to have all your stuff on one big slab, but maybe that's not in the cards.

it's the same as mine, something about our pools here and tiny areas they shoved the equipment originally lol there just is nowhere for it expand really mine is literally backed into the corner of my wall fencing lol

Just an update. We went with CDC pools. I have paid 14000 dollar more than a month back and they were supposed to start work yesterday. They have not come even today and not replying to messages. Is it ok to take so much money for more than a month and not start any work. They said it will take about 6 weeks to compl the work.
Total cost came up to 27.000 dollars.

• Sad
Reactions: kimkats
They do and they are located on the Chandler Airport (2364 S.Airport Blvd.) and I would absolutely do what @kimkats recommends.
I don't know what is going on with CDC but this sounds highly irregular of them.
I used them for my pool resurfacing and I did not have even one issue with them and I personally know at least 10 others who have used them with the same results.
Not that this is any excuse but this is about the time that everyone decides to resurface their pools right before the swim season begins.

I know this is a hassle that you should NOT have to go through but I would certainly begin to get "serious" with them and drive over and have a chat with the owners/general manager etc.
I don't know who your salesman was (don't put his name here) but those guys I think come and go and can get "flakey".
I wonder if they changed management/ownership. :unsure:

Please let us know how it goes since like I said, this type of behavior is unusual for CDC.
r.

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.