Dolphin Supreme M Series Owner’s Club

So here are a couple of shots from some friends pool I've been helping with. Two weeks ago and yesterday. My M5 made a believer out of them, and they are ordering one Tomorrow. They thought they had the bottom pretty clean by yesterday, but after a measly 30 minute run he filled the fine filters with a bunch of sand, grass clippings, and general muck. This is two pools I've Demo'd him on now which will make it the third local purchase I'm responsible for. At least double that on the forum, and I'm not alone on that by any means. We really should be getting commissions on these things! :lol:

dbtgallery.php

How often do you clean the filters? I have run with pleated filters twice and I don't see very much dirt in the filters. I had used the mesh filters for the first run in my pool and while there was some sand, there was mainly a thin layer of sand. Is it necessary to clean after every cycle?

I clean mine after every use but I take mine out of the pool and put it away every time. I would not let them dry out with dirt in them. But if you are leaving it in the pool, you can probably let it go 2-3 cycles if it's not that dirty. There is an indicator light that comes on when the filters are full too.

When mine are dirty, I hose them off first, outside to inside to push out as much dirt as possible, then hose out on the insides. If you ever leave them very dirty to dry it's not good for them I'm certain, and if they are anything like the ones below, they will surely never come completely clean again.

I too looking for a good cleaner thinking about the M400. I worry about how small the filters. I do have leafs in the pool and it seems like the filters will get clogged up quicker. I use a old old tiger shark but it stuck on the bottom drain. Any input on M400 getting stuck and if you thought the filters are to small.

Let me know
Thanks
24 by 48 salt vinyl

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Large leaf capacity is going to be a limitation on any cleaner. They will get a pleasantly surprising amount, but if you have a large amount, get the bulk out, and let the robot do the rest. To make any of them large enough for a huge pile of leaves, the cleaner itself becomes pretty large and harder to handle within reasonable limits. The 400 is a great cleaner, and will do nearly as much as the 500.

I hear about bots sticking on drains. My drain is flat so I've never had any problem. The Beast Master runs over it all the time.

I thought the filters looked smallish in comparison to the basket on the S300. But when I saw them in person, I was surprised at how large they are. They are at least half the capacity of he basket. What amount of leaves you are talking about? Some people who have very large amounts use a leaf vacumn such as this one:

Universal Leaf Gulper Pool Vacuum https://www.amazon.com/dp/B002WKO8OK/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_Kg8gzb2QCT2E2

I will probably get one to clean up after storms.

I have one large tree near the pool. I'd say I get light to moderate leaves. I try to top skim before they sink when possible. The M filters will hold at least 25-50 large leaves per side. If you need more than that, you might look at the bots that have the basket.

Crystal

The Beast Master picked up 50 or so large oak leaves plus various other storm debris in a jiffy hour today...then spent the last two hours showing off on the water line. I learned a lot about the remote today and I am now seeing it has great features that I will use often. I can run it on a cycle that does only the floor with extra suction. Ummmm...yessss!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.