Dolphin Supreme M Series Owner’s Club

LOL - I just realized this question is currently being asked :brickwall:

But the questions still stands: Does anybody know how the Maytronics rebates have work in the past ? the amount ?

Hello all,

I posted this question under my own thread, but I thought I should also post it here because of the title.

So I have been in contact with "Marina pool, spa, and patio" and they almost have me sold on the "M400".

My question is: Does anybody know how the Maytronics rebates have work in the past ? the amount ?

The reason I ask is the person I spoke to said that Maytronics usually runs a rebate program in May.

Thanks for any information ...

Question, I am used to my pressure side KK cleaner, that stayed in pool 24/7 and ran a daily 2h schedule. We only pulled it out of the pool to empty bag, and when we had larger pool parties and wanted it out of the way.

How many of you just leave your M robot in the pool and let it run its cycle every day?

Taking it in and out after every use, and the caddy, while handy, who has a place to store the caddy other than wheeling it around to the garage, all seems real inconvenient.

59941F3A-583F-4F92-B235-E01A42F94097.jpg
M400 will not crawl past the safety ledge to be able to reach the waterline. This is as high as it goes. I’m pretty disappointed as I’ll have to manually clean the upper wall, waterline tile and tanning ledge. He also gets stuck on the steps and hasn’t cleaned them or the bench seat well in 3 run cycles. I have him running daily, staying in the pool I have a covered area close enough to keep the caddy and electronics safe/dry.

Hello all,

I just checked the "Maytronics" website, looks like the rebates have started .

M400 - $75
M500 - $125

The only thing is that there are no details as to what qualifies you for the rebate, just says "Rebate".

I guess what I'm wondering is if I order the "M400" unit from Marina Pool, Spa, and Patio, which has the best price I could find and I looked everywhere, would I still qualify for the rebate ?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I'm looking to buy the M400 from Marina Pool, Spa, and Patio as well.

It seems it comes with a caddy and is the 2018 model. Price is the lowest I've found. Poolpartz has the refurbished 2017 models without a caddy for the same price as Marina new.

I think I'm just going to order one today. I have to figure out the rebate thing as well.

Hello all,

I just checked the "Maytronics" website, looks like the rebates have started .

M400 - $75
M500 - $125

The only thing is that there are no details as to what qualifies you for the rebate, just says "Rebate".

I guess what I'm wondering is if I order the "M400" unit from Marina Pool, Spa, and Patio, which has the best price I could find and I looked everywhere, would I still qualify for the rebate ?

Can you post link to rebate? I looked on their website and couldn’t find it. Maybe cause I’m using my phone? Marina is a authorized dealer so should qualify for rebate.

Look what came in the mail!

Only kidding. My daughter is on the swim team and this thing was sitting in the corner. It’s massive!

cf00103fa96294472b84879d847aeea3.jpg

Reactions: Revlus
View attachment 74723
M400 will not crawl past the safety ledge to be able to reach the waterline. This is as high as it goes. I’m pretty disappointed as I’ll have to manually clean the upper wall, waterline tile and tanning ledge. He also gets stuck on the steps and hasn’t cleaned them or the bench seat well in 3 run cycles. I have him running daily, staying in the pool I have a covered area close enough to keep the caddy and electronics safe/dry.

Same here. Plus mine isn't climbing the walls much at all. He spins out for a while then decides to turn around and go the other way. It's not even close to warm enough to get in the pool to see if there's some algae or something making the walls extra slickery or something.

Yeah - some disappointment but then as I drop him in and take 3-4 minutes max to go around with the brush and knock the junk off the steps and safety ledge and do a 360 swipe of the water line I remember what last year was like. Not a perfect solution - and I have no idea if another bot would make the leap over the safety ledge - but much preferred to doing it all manually. I had dreams of dropping him in and doing next to nothing all year. Turns out I'll have to spend an hour a week or so to help him. I'll take that and admit this is my first bot and I have no idea if this is normal and expected or not, but it's much better so far having him than not!

Hmm, I think I have seen this behavior before. I used to have an M5 that was stolen (topic for another thread). I then borrowed a Z5 from a neighbor for several weeks before I got a new M500. My M5 exhibited the same behavior you describe. It barely climbed walls never went up the steps or made it to the sun ledge. The Z5 and the new M500 are much more aggressive on climbing to the point I think they are trying to escape.

What I noticed when I dropped each of them in the pool is the buoyancy was different. The Z5 and M500 felt like they were more neutrally buoyant. The M5 felt heavier in the water. Unless you have another unit to compare it to it will be hard to measure or tell the difference.

When you put the M400 in the water does it want to sink fast or slow? Sometime my M500 will float if there is a little bit of air trapped in it.

You might want to just for fun cut a small piece of a noodle and attach it to the handle to increase the bouyancy and see if that makes a difference.

Most of M400/M500 pool store have a demo units. If they have better to test it. I had this and then purchase. Also demo units does not come with full options but very easily can be seen what can be done or no.
About of walls, may need to set from remote clean only wall option and try, I do not think so M500 can not be climbed this wall. They are like a Tank :)
M500 cleaning curve surfaces well. in my pool there is no straight line :)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.