Dolphin Nautilus leaving black marks

Did some pretty extensive testing. It isn’t actually the black rubber but the plastic itself. I used tape then the white marine epoxy to make like a bumper. Used for a month or so with the epoxy and no marks. Outside the USA Maytronics sells them it other colors. Ordered the 2 lower trim pieces for one of those to retrofit. Had to trim the rubber on one side to keep it from getting stuck all the time. I guess that’s why from the factory they only have the rubber bumpers on one side. All seems good now.
I’m having the same problem. Would definitely appreciate a step by step for what you did to fix it and more details on the replacement parts you ordered. Huge thanks!

The cheapest and easiest but ugly is to get the JB weld white marine epoxy stick and make a bumper along both sides wherever it contacts the pool. Along the bottom edge and around the tank tread wheel guards.
The best solution is to replace the black with white plastic. If you have the Dolphin Nautilus, premier or one of the other names that use the same body, item# 99806264 can be used on left and right sides. On one side only, trim the rubber fins off or it will get stuck on steep angles. Cost is less than $40 shipped from Marina pools. I’ve been scuff free for over a month of constant cleaning and it’s great.

Reactions: pool-cat13
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.