Dolphin Nautilus CC Plus

Jun 16, 2016
Quogue new york
My pick. Dolphin Nautilus CC Plus $749. Anyone have this model? I know it’s a good one but how long do they really last? If you wash it and take care of it ? I’m going to pull the trigger Monday.

Last edited by a moderator:
Amazon would likely refund your money and say not to bother shipping it back.

Amazon would likely refund your money and say not to bother shipping it back.
Last year wife ordered on amazon a desk. Came in smashed. They said keep it and send a new one. In this case- I do not want it !!!!!!!’ If I was home went they delivered it- I wouldn’t of taken it. Box was open n pieces falling out. It would cost me money to dump it.

Attachments

• 0C24E815-2E18-4B0E-8680-5EDA6569EE85.jpeg
    0C24E815-2E18-4B0E-8680-5EDA6569EE85.jpeg
    98.8 KB · Views: 40
  • 9256D938-2B99-449D-AFA7-8A232C38D04D.jpeg
    9256D938-2B99-449D-AFA7-8A232C38D04D.jpeg
    400.6 KB · Views: 38
Marty,

When I look at the Nautilus, it appears that it cleans the floor and walls, but not the waterline???? Cleaning the waterline is a must for most people with gunite pools...

I would suggest the S200 from Marina Pool and Spa.. Call Margaret.. The price a couple of months ago was $700, no tax and free two day shipping.

As far as how long they last... if you read some of the reviews you see here on TFP, you would think only a few weeks.. :) But I have been using Dolphin cleaners for the past 10 years.. I original bought two used ones for rent house pools.. They were old when I bought them, and I just this year replaced them with S200's.. I bought a Dolphin Premier for my pool, about five years ago and recently moved it to a rent house.. It looks old and faded, but still runs strong...

Not saying they can't go bad, but just like anything else, you can't gauge the quality by the reviews, as only the bad ones get reported... So you have no way of knowing if they have a 50% failure rate or a 1% failure rate, because you only see one side of the story..

Thanks,

Jim R.

Reactions: Marty D

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I have this Nautilus Plus robot and I can tell you it does go up the waterline , title out of the water.

I am not sure of the difference between "up to the water line" and "water line..." But to clean the water line, the robot needs to stay up and move sideways...

Jim R.

I have the original Nautilus. I'm on year 6 with it and I use it at least 300 days a year. Sometimes i even run it more than once a day and it stays in the pool 70% of the time.

The ole gal is wearing down though. The foam climbing rings are worn out and one broke off, and the scrubbers have worn down and they need replaced too. But Im still running the original filters. They are in fine shape.

I cannot complain about 1 thing of my Nautilus, I figure over 6 years, I have gotten way more out of my robot than what I paid for it.

Dave,

The "climbing rings" on my 5 year old Premier have also worn off... I removed them all and apparently it does not care, it still climbs right up the wall like it always did.. :)

When I buy new brushes, I plan to get full length brushes and eliminate the rings completely.

Thanks,

Jim R.

I have the original Nautilus. I'm on year 6 with it and I use it at least 300 days a year. Sometimes i even run it more than once a day and it stays in the pool 70% of the time.

The ole gal is wearing down though. The foam climbing rings are worn out and one broke off, and the scrubbers have worn down and they need replaced too. But Im still running the original filters. They are in fine shape.

I cannot complain about 1 thing of my Nautilus, I figure over 6 years, I have gotten way more out of my robot than what I paid for it.
These vacuum doesn’t need to be washed after use? Sounds like leaving them in the pool water is better then taking them out. Like a ship wreck in ocean for 300 years and once you take it out of water the metal gets rotted

My Nautlius CC Plus climbs up to the waterline, turns 90 degrees, and scrubs about 5 feet before falling down and doing it over again. It will negotiate my bench and stairs very well also when it travels horizontally into them. I have zero complaints about it whatsoever. On season 2 and it's Uber reliable and ran daily.

Marty,
how often the filters need to be cleaned depends on how dirty the pool gets. I pull mine out every few days and do that, then right back in ti goes. And the robots dont have any exposed metal on them.

I can tell ya though, that I am of the opinion that leaving them in the water for long time does fade the colors of the case.

These vacuum doesn’t need to be washed after use? Sounds like leaving them in the pool water is better then taking them out. Like a ship wreck in ocean for 300 years and once you take it out of water the metal gets rotted

Hey Jim.
Even tho Ive worked mine pretty hard and she needs a little refreshing, shes still kicking as hard as she always did. Im gonna go ahead and get a new robot next spring tho. I think I will go ahead and put some new scrubbers on the old gal tho just in case I need a backup some day.

Dave,

The "climbing rings" on my 5 year old Premier have also worn off... I removed them all and apparently it does not care, it still climbs right up the wall like it always did.. :)

When I buy new brushes, I plan to get full length brushes and eliminate the rings completely.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Reactions: sdmark

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.