Toronto, ON
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 1400
I have a Dolphin pool cleaner that is about 4 years old. The blue cable is starting to disintegrate - when I handle the cable I get small pieces of plastic coming off onto my hand.

My pH ranges between 7.4 and 7.8 and my FC ranges between 4 and 7. My CYA is around 50 and I have a SWCG and a vinyl pool.

Any reason for the cable degrading like this?
pool cleaner cable.jpg

Age. Mine is doing the same thing and is 4 years old. Bought in May 2017. May buy a new one.

Wayner,

You are doing anything wrong.. I think it is just the material the cable is made from, plus the sun, the water, the chlorine, etc...

I'd just live with it, but they do sell new cables..

Jim R.

Age. Mine is doing the same thing and is 4 years old. Bought in May 2017. May buy a new one.
When you say "buy a new one" do you mean cable or entire Dolphin unit? I had problems with mine a year or so ago and they replaced the impeller and rubber tracks.

Yes its normal, due to chlorine/uv attacking the silicone. I also have my spare cable ready. Just to let you know the plastic on the cable is rather thick. Probably last 10 years. you should be more worried about water entering the swivle or the robot motor housing.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.