Replacing cable on Dolphin s300i

Tinaja

Jul 15, 2013
I am trying to replace the cable. I watched a video and the tech removed the cover and the motor assembly, then gave a little tug and the cable came out. No such luck here. We are tugging and pulling and it is not coming out. Any advice? This is the video:

T,

I have not replaced the cable on an S300, but I have on the older style Dolphins.. It appears to be about the same connector..

The pins inside the connector can get corroded and make it "almost" impossible to remove. Your only choice is the pull as hard as your can.. In most cases, it will come apart. In one case, the cable came out leaving at least one of the pins. I had to use needle-nose plyers to rock the broken connector to get it out. Once out, I suggest that if the connectors look corroded, that you clean them before installing the new cable.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Your connector pins are probably corroded and stuck like mine were. It took a lot of force, but mine eventually came out. The actual barrel portion of the connector, which is part of the old cord actually corroded enough, that one broke off and was still attached to the male pins that remained on the robot motor unit. I carefully used an ice-pick type screwdriver to remove the reminants of the connector barrel from the pin. I then used a small file to clean the pins and make sure their was fresh metal to make a solid connection. I also made sure to apply a liberal amount of dialectric grease to the connector pins before installed the new cord. This will help to keep corrosion away from your second cord. The dialectric grease can be found in a tiny tube at any autoparts store, since it is used so often for engine bay connectors. Lastly, since the cord plug uses an o-ring to complete the seal of the cord when plugs into the motor unit, make sure the o-ring is lubed with magic lube prior to install.

You can spray a little wd 40 or something similar. Just clean it after you finish. Also, if this is the female portion of the connector that is a barrel shaped and is left on the pin of the connector, then you will need like an ice pick to chip it away. Should be already corroded enough to chip away in pieces.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.