Dolphin CC Plus value compared to the Premier

May 1, 2020
Louisville ky
TFP community. After years of manually cleaning my pool, I've decided to invest in a robot to save time. I have a 20k gallon salt water pool that is 36x20. I pulled the trigger on a dolphin CC plus for $810 (linked below); however, after I ordered it, I did some more research, and am now wondering if I should send it back to get a higher end model like the dolphin like the premier at $1359. Does anyone hear have any experience with these two and would it be worth it to pay up the additional amount for the superior cleaner?

Dolphin CC plus

Dolphin Premier

Guy,

Spending more money will not make the robot clean any better. It just gives you "magic" features that you will end up not using anyway.

I had the Premier and it worked great, but it is old tech and hard to work on. It lasted about 7 years and costs me about $1300 bucks.

I now have S200"style" robots, that do as good, if not better cleaning wise and at the time cost me abou $700 bucks.

This is the type of robot I recommend...

Most here buy their robots from Margaret at Marina Pool and Spa. You have to call them, so you are considered local.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Reactions: Mdragger88
Guy,

Spending more money will not make the robot clean any better. It just gives you "magic" features that you will end up not using anyway.

I had the Premier and it worked great, but it is old tech and hard to work on. It lasted about 7 years and costs me about $1300 bucks.

I now have S200"style" robots, that do as good, if not better cleaning wise and at the time cost me abou $700 bucks.

This is the type of robot I recommend...

Most here buy their robots from Margaret at Marina Pool and Spa. You have to call them, so you are considered local.

Thanks,

Jim R.
The Dolphin S200 isn't even freely available on the market and virtually impossible to find. There is a reason for that I am sure....

TFP community. After years of manually cleaning my pool, I've decided to invest in a robot to save time. I have a 20k gallon salt water pool that is 36x20. I pulled the trigger on a dolphin CC plus for $810 (linked below); however, after I ordered it, I did some more research, and am now wondering if I should send it back to get a higher end model like the dolphin like the premier at $1359. Does anyone hear have any experience with these two and would it be worth it to pay up the additional amount for the superior cleaner?

Dolphin CC plus

Dolphin Premier
The little filter cartridges are the achilles heel of the cc+
They don’t hold a candle to the models with the single large top load basket.

Reactions: Oddad
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.