Doheny's Discovery, S200, Active20, Triton owners club

So I pulled the trigger and got a Pentair Warrior SE from Marina. getting a $50 rebate, and I sold my old Polaris pressure cleaner (with hose, extra bags, and tail sponges) for $50, so my out of pocket is only $600. Love the results!

For storage I have a 24”x24”x24” deck box. I put a couple of old pavers in the bottom for the tracks sit on, keeping the sweeper bars off the ground. The box sits under my patio cover, so it’s out of direct sunlight. Should I be concerned about heat buildup In the box? I think I saw some posts about people drilling air holes in the box. Should I be thinking about that?

If it’s not in the sun it’s only ambient temps which is fine. And congrats!

Will be coming up on the 4 year mark since I started the Doheny thread. I would like to report that the robot is still chugging along. But, I have come to a point where I need to do some maintenance , like new tracks, basket grids, maybe even a power cord. With the cost of parts, I have to decide whether I should buy a new robot, or run the risk of putting new expensive parts on a robot that might be on borrowed time. Thoughts?

hI kILLER95,
I understand what you are saying, I am coming up on my 4th year also but have already had motor and power cord replaced, so for me I will buy parts, But they have come up with some nice enhancements the biggest for me was the swivel in the cord which when I had the cord replaced had it replaced with the swivel. So if you buy a new one you will have 2 year warranty and as others have mentioned if you buy it with the right credit card that extends the warranty might be worth it. Then you also have a back up and a scavenger unit for parts ( but what you will probably need is what is bad now). Good luck let us know which way you go and how much you had to spend for that option.

My S200 is 18 months old and I noticed that sometimes the brushes and tracks stopped moving. It also made some noises while underwater. I took it apart and the problem is the gear that is attached to the motor is wiggling and a as a result the gear sometimes slips.

I can't see anything broken or out of place though. I wonder if the blue rubber tracks that hold the wheels together have become too lose and don't apply enough pressure anymore to keep that wheel in place to where the gear works fine.

Did anybody else have this problem?
Have you tried having them honor their warranty regarding problem yet? I see they have a 2 year warranty and I'm thinking of buying from a local store that also services them (honors warranty) even thought it's more expensive than online. Not sure yet though. Need to buy within the next 2 weeks.

Anyone have Maytronics honor warranty in store or via mail? Experience?

@JessB412 I have had the store I bought the unit from repair it 2X, Before I took it to the store I called Maytronics and got a run around. I then took it to the store and they repaired it under warranty. The second time it was a month out of warranty, but they fixed it free. So great job by the store advocating for me to get the work covered. That said I paid 1.5 times the price I could have gotten online. Not sure if that helps you make your decision, but that was 4 years ago and price points may have narrowed or widened.

Reactions: JessB412
Don’t count on it. Some have gotten it, some have not. Besides, you buy the robot because....
You want the robot.
You need the robot.
You can’t live without the robot.
You will feel complete with the robot.
Hope this helps. :mrgreen:
But your signature says Aquanut 200???

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Wouldn't a cleaner ordered through Marina be serviceable by a local authorized dealer?
Honestly, I'm not sure. I thought I remember them saying they only service units they have sold and Marina told me I'd have to send through mail and potentially pay shipping. I could be wrong on that, but I believe thats what swayed me. Now, that's not to say someone didn't tell me some misinformation either (depending who you ask that day will determine your answer kind of thing). Due to my horrendous experience building the pool I just wanted piece of mind I could go somewhere and drop it off if something went wrong instead of potentially arguing with someone about shipping. lol

Just joined the club and ordered the active 20. Used the money I saved by opening the pool myself thanks to the great advice and guidance on the forum. Excited to get this thing in the pool, a little scared to see what my kids name it.
Ha - naming it is the best part and he may be my favorite pet. (sshhh). Ours is named Franklin. I wanted to name him Benjamin to represent all the "Benjamins" it took to build this dang pool but we have a good friend with that name so we thought it would be weird and Franklin is easier to say. We've only been functioning pool owners for a week but we love Franklin so far :) He's super easy to use and my kids love watching him breach.

Reactions: Lilypad
My 6 year old granddaughter named ours “Kokapelli”. Watching it wandering around the pool, it’s a perfect name. I just don’t know how a 6 year old would even know about Kokapell.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.