Doheny's Discovery, S200, Active20, Triton owners club

Re: Doheny's Discovery, S200, Active20, Triton owners club

That is what I thought at first, but if you look closely, the New for 2017 Nautilus doesn't have the vectored jets of the S200 that enable the tile line scrubbing. It also appears to be a single brush rather than a double. Very confusing!

The newest (2017) Nautilis is the s200.

I recently bought a Nautilis (s200) for $569.

Nautilus for 2017 is not an S200 (or any hundred twin). It has a different basket design.

They request comments and probably would.

Thought I would post an update after a few weeks with Herman, our new to us refurbished Active 20 from poolpartz. I am very pleased and surprised with him so far! He has done an amazing job cleaning our pool, the water has never been clearer. I always keep my test numbers perfect per this methodology on this site, run the pump plenty, and the pressure side cleaner at least 3 times a week. The pool water never had that "shine" that I see on so many of the posts around here, had a touch of haziness. I just kinda blamed the higher than optimal calcium levels due to our very hard water. Well Herman has given my pool that sparkle, its gotten better each week. I can see imperfections on my pool floor that I never saw before! The amount of fine dirt and silt he captures amazes me each time i empty the basket. Ive been leaving him in the pool alot, and running him early in the morning before the pump comes on in the afternoon. Been running him about every other day and emptying the basket after 2 runs. I think the pool is clean enough now that I will start taking him out and using a couple times a week, I just need to figure out where to store him. Again thanks for the thread on this great robot, and anyone thinking about the refurb I have had great luck so far, hopefully i get a few years out of him.

I am in the process of having a new liner installed and decided its time to upgrade the Robot. Using an Aquabot, and while it works fine, I am getting tired of dealing with the messy bottom bag system, and the unit is almost impossible to remove from the pool without dumping some crud back in the pool .........every time !
Decided on the Dolphin /Dohney series , 200 and above , not sure which one to go with ?
Trying to figure out most of the differences between the S200 through the S300i (or Active20 - 30i) .
I need the 2 brush model , so the eliminates the 100/10 , so ........
I don't need a lot of fancy features , but I would like to have remote control occasionally . The aquabot always seemed to miss a few high angle corner spots in the pool . Remote would help with this quick clean-up . Does wanting the remote control feature automatically bump me up to the 300i / 30i ?

Does anyone know the main difference between the 200 through the 300i range ?

Thanks !

My Doheny Discovery has all the features of the S300, except no bluetooth.
It has two brushes, 2.5 hour run which does the floor, walls and waterline brushing, or a fast 1 hour run that only does the floor. The basket empties on top, and has two sets of filters. I didn't think I'd need or miss the bluetooth feature but yesterday while in the pool I wished I could have directed it to some place that it hadn't gotten to yet but I wanted out NOW. I like that I can set it for the entire week to run daily (or less if desired) and that it is fine to stay in the pool all that time. I was pleasantly surprised that it climbed up my walls as well as it did considering that my pool has a small ledge along the floor all around.
The Maytronics S300 comes with the cart, I believe?

Automatic Inground Pool Cleaner: Dolphin S300

Skippy says it brushes and vacuums better than he ever did! Skippy is more of a fan of our new "Sheldon" than even I. And that says a LOT!

THe only comment I know about vinyl is that I thought the S50 was meant for vinyl? Two brushes might be at odds with the vinyl lining?

Yippee :flower:

Bluetooth control, short or long clean cycle and delayed start are the only differences between the s200 and s300, the cleaners are the same. Dont assume that because the old cleaner missed some spots that the S series cleaner will miss spots. Mine does a WAY better job than my old pressure cleaner did. No steering required. :)

Thanks guys ..........
What are the differences between the 300 and the 300i versions ?
Are there different levels of Bluetooth controls ? I would hate to get the 300 , and find out only the 300i has the remote control steering option, where the 300 only has some of the Bluetooth options and does not have the remote control option .
Basically I would like the 2 roller version of this Maytronic series but with the remote controlled steering option if needed once in a while. Not sure what the 300 vs 300i will do for me.

I am going from an Aquabot robot, to this new Maytronics series robot mostly because I am sick of the bottom bag style and hassle of cleaning it. I am hoping it would do better than the Aquabot in the pool as well , but just want to have the remote feature incase it misses the same areas the Aquabot does .

Guess I am up to the 300 at least now, but possibly the 300i ? (or Active 30/30i). Dohney 200 is out now due to no remote steer option .

Thanks,

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

The s300 and s300i both have Bluetooth. The difference is the extra cleaning cycles that comes with the s300i.

Thanks , thats what makes it a bit confusing . Both the 300 and 300i appear to have the same bluetooth capabilities , so I think the 300i must just have more options for cleaning times/cycles , maybe weekly scheduling differences too ?

In any event, I think a 300 (or 30) will work fine for me . 2 brush cleaner , top load filter cartridges, with both mesh and fine filter options, bluetooth remote control operation . As long as it has a decent normal manual cycle options (1-3 hour options would be fine for me), I am good . Will not be leaving it in the pool so weekly schedules are not important to me .

Would love to get away with the 200 (Discovery or 20 as well) , but I really would love the remote control option if needed .
Guess that bumps me up to a S300 , or Active 30 . Dohney does not have this model above the 200 with the bluetooth remote control option from what I can tell .

The last robot I purchased (Aquabot) , did not have the remote control option, and sometimes I wished I had it as it would have come in handy . This time around, I am getting that option !

Thanks for the clarification and help .

Nautilus for 2017 is not an S200 (or any hundred twin). It has a different basket design.

Whatever the difference it must be subtle, because it looks the same.

- - - Updated - - -

The s300 and s300i both have Bluetooth. The difference is the extra cleaning cycles that comes with the s300i.

Comparison:

Dolphin S-300

However, the comparison says no smartphone control for the S300, which is true only for start/stop and modes. Still functions as a remote.

Thanks guys ..........
What are the differences between the 300 and the 300i versions ?
Are there different levels of Bluetooth controls ? I would hate to get the 300 , and find out only the 300i has the remote control steering option, where the 300 only has some of the Bluetooth options and does not have the remote control option .
Basically I would like the 2 roller version of this Maytronic series but with the remote controlled steering option if needed once in a while. Not sure what the 300 vs 300i will do for me.

I am going from an Aquabot robot, to this new Maytronics series robot mostly because I am sick of the bottom bag style and hassle of cleaning it. I am hoping it would do better than the Aquabot in the pool as well , but just want to have the remote feature incase it misses the same areas the Aquabot does .

Guess I am up to the 300 at least now, but possibly the 300i ? (or Active 30/30i). Dohney 200 is out now due to no remote steer option .

Thanks,

You will use the remote steer feature about a handful of times (or less). It's cute but unnecessary. I had a "remote steer" feature on my elderly Dolphin Diagnostic; when I needed to spot clean I'd grab the cord and maneuver the robot into place by re-orienting it manually. Worked like a charm. As it is, the goal is for the thing to work autonomously, If I come back at the end of a cycle and there's a spot or two remaining (happens infrequently), I just hit the start button again.

So have been debating for a year or two to get a robot or not. Was the "hey manual vaccuming is fun and I get alone time from the kids". Well I was dragging out the hose this spring and finally said "you know what not fun anymore!". Started my research and kept coming back to Doheny's Discovery. Did not want a lot of bells and whistles just a good quality robot that works and I can drop in and walk away.
Well I finally bought one last week and so for it is awesome and I highly recommend. Picks up more than I ever did with the vaccum. The only thing I would want would be more than a 2 hour cycle, but can deal with it.

And here is the sweet surprise...I get a lot of ducks in the spring flying in for a bath and they do not like the robot and will not land. So an added bonus! Boom!

Wow! Nice bonus! Next time I see a how to keep the ducks away thread I'll tell em to get a robot. And the side benefit is a clean pool bottom. :)

A negative of robots is they can wake you up from a poolside slumber. Last evening I was enjoying a sit, which very quickly turned into a nap. Then our worm-eater surfaced and woke me up with his growling. When cleaning him, its interesting how many different orifices the worms can be sticking out of on my electronic friend.

On the plus side, I didn't expect our equipment pad to be out of commission for several weeks at our pool opening. So it's been nice to be able to vacuum (and filter a bit) with no plumbing action.

And of course the dog thinks it is an intruder attacking the family because it chases it around the pool and tries to nip it when it surfaces for it's attack on the tile!

And of course the dog thinks it is an intruder attacking the family because it chases it around the pool and tries to nip it when it surfaces for it's attack on the tile!

Yeah, that will be our next adventure. Soon. It'll be time for more canine training I'm sure.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.