Doheny's Discovery, S200, Active20, Triton owners club

Re: Doheny's Discovery, S200, Active20, Triton owners club

There didn't seem to be the end of swim season discount you are envisioning last year. The $649 price was from at least 6/20 to 8/22 last year though once in that time frame it jumped up to $719. Otherwise, your options are 1) wait, 2) look at all twin pricing online or 3) consider refurbished units (lesser warranty & it's a refurb).

The nautilus plus is the same as the discovery and the S200. That is an S100, same as Doheny's Saturn. One brush or two is the easiest way to tell.

Thanks for the clarification. I'm trying to decide what I'm gonna do. I really like all the great feedback from the Discovery. I have a rectangular pool with entry steps and that's it, no other special features. In your opinion, do you think the Saturn would be fine?

Yes, in a vinyl pool I think the Saturn would be fine. I think the extra brush for plaster, or especially pebble, is probably more important.

So I got my refurbished Dolphin Active 20 (name brand version of discovery). It's definitely a used robot, it had hair wrapped around the brushes which was weird and kinda gross. I don't think I've ever bought anything refurbished so I don't know what I should of expected I guess. The robot was manufactured sept 2016 so it's not very old. It was in pretty good shape a few marks that showed it was used. I only received one set of filters, they are pleated and snap into the basket. Are these the fine filters? All documentation I've seen on all the different twins of this model indicated 2 types of filters included I think?

Functionally the cleaner worked great. Was very happy how clean the pool was after running him twice back to back. I had just ran the pentair legend pressure cleaner the day before, and robots basket was full of fine dirt. It did a prettt good job of cleaning the tile line. He tries to clean the steps and I saw him halfway out of the water like shamu beaching himself! I was sure he was gonna roll onto his back and tumble down the steps, but he figured out how to back his way into the water. He definitely gets stuck on the main drains, but eventually frees himself sometimes quicker than others. Overall very happy so far, we will see how it goes.

Does anyone store theirs in a deck box? Thinking of picking up the small suncast deck box on amazon to store him in. Don't think I'm a caddy kind of guy and it seems leaving him in the pool is not a good idea. My pressure cleaners lived in the pool but never get more than two years out of them. One of the reasons I decided to go refurbished, I've never had long term success here in south Texas.

I store my Discovery in a large deck box where I keep all the goggles, noodles and flippers. I use a small inflated donut to rest the cleaner on, so the brushes don't get flattened on the bottom.

I too received my refurbished Active 20. The packaging was impressive. There is clearly a set process for them to package these up. When the first flap is opened, there are the summary instructions on how to address warranty issues. Everything was extensively bubble wrapped with a thick set of the multilingual documents in a zip lock bag. The filters and basket were 100% new. They include their written 12 point refurbishment plan (see below). It seems on Ksjrb03's, they missed fully completing Step 3. Ours was clean in that respect. I could tell it has been used, but did not check the manufacture date yet. I haven't used it yet because my pool is still closed. It will get used next weekend. I could see that the original owner likely stored it on it's roof, as noted in the instructions if not using a caddy or other method to keep the brushes from flat-spotting, because there were a few scuffs on it. Otherwise very impressed with the unboxing.

Dear Valued Dolphin Customer,

Thank you for your purchase of a Certified Pre‐Owned Dolphin pool cleaner! You have made a wise
choice! All certified pre‐owned Dolphin cleaners have been thoroughly inspected and re‐conditioned by
our own Maytronics factory trained technicians. We adhere to a strict 12‐point inspection system to
ensure that your Dolphin will meet both your expectations and ours.

Certified pre‐owned Dolphins come with a full one‐year warranty and are guaranteed to perform to the
same standards as our brand new Dolphins. Each pre‐owned cleaner meets the following criteria.

External Inspection:

1. Outer case of unit is clean and free of deep scratches, cracks, or broken parts. Some normal
wear may be evident.
2. Power cable is clean and fully operational, including the swivel on applicable models.
3. Brushes and climbing rings (where applicable) are clean and in good condition.
4. Tracks are operational and free from cracks or tears.
5. Power supply is clean, tested, and fully operational.

Internal Inspection:

6. Diagnostic self‐test has been completed and passed.
7. Filter bags or cartridges (dependent upon model) have been replaced with new filters.
8. Amphenol plug (internal cable connector) has been cleaned and inspected.
9. Motor unit scan has been completed and motor unit is certified.
10. Software upgrades (where applicable by model) have been completed.

Packaging:

11. New shipping carton, with internal packing components, has been provided to ensure safe
transit and delivery.
12. Operation manuals and warranty information are present in the box.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

I feel like I'm in the 50's whenever I look at it. Like Universal Studios Cabana Bay Beach Resort.

Active 20 close-up.jpg1957-Chevrolet-Aqua-Hardtop-sy-1152x864.jpg

I too received my refurbished Active 20. The packaging was impressive. There is clearly a set process for them to package these up. When the first flap is opened, there are the summary instructions on how to address warranty issues. Everything was extensively bubble wrapped with a thick set of the multilingual documents in a zip lock bag. The filters and basket were 100% new. They include their written 12 point refurbishment plan (see below). It seems on Ksjrb03's, they missed fully completing Step 3. Ours was clean in that respect. I could tell it has been used, but did not check the manufacture date yet. I haven't used it yet because my pool is still closed. It will get used next weekend. I could see that the original owner likely stored it on it's roof, as noted in the instructions if not using a caddy or other method to keep the brushes from flat-spotting, because there were a few scuffs on it. Otherwise very impressed with the unboxing.

Dear Valued Dolphin Customer,

Thank you for your purchase of a Certified Pre‐Owned Dolphin pool cleaner! You have made a wise
choice! All certified pre‐owned Dolphin cleaners have been thoroughly inspected and re‐conditioned by
our own Maytronics factory trained technicians. We adhere to a strict 12‐point inspection system to
ensure that your Dolphin will meet both your expectations and ours.

Certified pre‐owned Dolphins come with a full one‐year warranty and are guaranteed to perform to the
same standards as our brand new Dolphins. Each pre‐owned cleaner meets the following criteria.

External Inspection:

1. Outer case of unit is clean and free of deep scratches, cracks, or broken parts. Some normal
wear may be evident.
2. Power cable is clean and fully operational, including the swivel on applicable models.
3. Brushes and climbing rings (where applicable) are clean and in good condition.
4. Tracks are operational and free from cracks or tears.
5. Power supply is clean, tested, and fully operational.

Internal Inspection:

6. Diagnostic self‐test has been completed and passed.
7. Filter bags or cartridges (dependent upon model) have been replaced with new filters.
8. Amphenol plug (internal cable connector) has been cleaned and inspected.
9. Motor unit scan has been completed and motor unit is certified.
10. Software upgrades (where applicable by model) have been completed.

Packaging:

11. New shipping carton, with internal packing components, has been provided to ensure safe
transit and delivery.
12. Operation manuals and warranty information are present in the box.

Did yours come with two sets of filters or just the pleated filters like mine? I was very impressed how much crud this thing captured, my pool is dirtier than the legend cleaner ever let me know! Thanks for the info guys.

The two sets they refer to are the one set of four individual pleated numbered 1-4 (fine) and then the basket itself is considered the standard or whatever the terms they use are. The basket mesh is less fine and permanently attached. Sounds like you did receive all that was intended.

I don't think the mesh screens are permanently attached. I knocked one of mine out cleaning it. I think they are designed to be removed and the other set installed.

The two sets they refer to are the one set of four individual pleated numbered 1-4 (fine) and then the basket itself is considered the standard or whatever the terms they use are. The basket mesh is less fine and permanently attached. Sounds like you did receive all that was intended.

I only received the pleated ones that connect to the main basket with handle. Looking at videos online it seems there is a second set of screens that drop into the main basket. I didn't receive that secondary basket.

So here's a picture to confirm my wrongness.

IMG_2272.JPG

Many of the Dolphin Discovery twins come with the two sets of filters like my picture above. However some do come with an insert basket made of the standard (spring cleanup) mesh filter material as linked above. You either get mesh basket insert and 4 pleated filters or a 4 pleated filters and 4 mesh filters it varies by model.

So the models with the basket mesh insert would allow you to have both filters in at the same time I believe.

I only received the pleated ones that connect to the main basket with handle. Looking at videos online it seems there is a second set of screens that drop into the main basket. I didn't receive that secondary basket.

Definitely contact Poolpartz.com for your second set.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.