Doheny's Discovery, S200, Active20, Triton owners club

Re: Doheny's Discovery, S200, Active20, Triton owners club

Ksjrb03 - Our refurb is circa Feb 2016. Also, we will keep our robot to be named later (RTBNL) in a small shed (glorified big deck box). I really like Lifetime products. I think their 60103 is their smallest.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So Carl (one of the names under consideration), our Dolphin Active 20 robot, went to work the other day. First time out, he took a break on his back on a bench after 30 minutes. It was in 16" of water. He had twice previously gone straight up, flopped to his back then got turned around and came back down. This time, he flopped and went into hibernation. It was lights out. Meaning the blue LED stopped blinking and he was officially giving up freeing himself. So I turned him off and restarted the affair. I ran him two consecutive cycles after that and he finished them both without beaching himself. Though he also didn't attempt the benches (that I saw) as he had thrice before. The water level was not quite up to normal as I was just getting the pool opened up. So maybe the extra inch of water will help him there. Time will tell if the benches are a recurring trouble spot. Hopefully not.

On the cleaning side, I ran him with the mesh filter installed first because there were a lot of worms, etc. in the pool. He got most of them. Then I installed the pleated filters and ran him again. He still missed a few pieces of debris but given the amount of very fine sediment he picked up both times, along with most of the other stuff, I was quite happy. Normally our pool doesn't have much big stuff. I just usually noticed swirls of fine sediment when brushing. I expect that will not be the case anymore. The other big gain is the Carl is not afraid of visiting the shallow end regularly. He had absolutely no problems with the steep slope which is a huge improvement over our pressure side cleaner (good riddance). It is also eery to have him go about his business in almost complete silence. Though he does growl occasionally when surfacing. (Similar to the Cougar thread comments). I was considering the name Growler due to the sound and also because it was the name of a US submarine. And he reminds me of a submarine operating most times below the surface and occasionally surfacing to see where I am.

Can't wait to get some more runs under my belt in the coming weeks.

I am so confused on cleaners. I'm leaning toward the Nautilus (or Nautilus Plus....just don't know the difference yet). I have an 18x36 rectangle vinyl with a couple benches that I'd like it to clean. I don't need remote control but do want a weekly timer.

Also, electrician thinks the outlet I'm installing for this needs a 20amp breaker???

Lastly, is there any possible integration with the EasyTouch automation system? Like being able to start a cleaning cycle remotely?

Does anyone store theirs in a deck box? Thinking of picking up the small suncast deck box on amazon to store him in. Don't think I'm a caddy kind of guy and it seems leaving him in the pool is not a good idea. My pressure cleaners lived in the pool but never get more than two years out of them. One of the reasons I decided to go refurbished, I've never had long term success here in south Texas.

The caddy makes it easier to use (keeps power supply at a comfortable level and allows for easier deployment/stowage). The caddy also supports the unit from the middle, preventing the treads/brushes from flattening. If you keep it in a deck box then store it on its side or cut a couple of 2x4's to make a platform.

This thread was very helpful! I discovered my Polaris booster pump motor was seized when I opened the pool this weekend. I managed to free it but it made an awful racket when running. I decided that rather on replacing the motor on a system that is many years old and needing several parts replaced per year to keep it functional, it was time to invest in a robotic cleaner. I was originally looking at the Dolphin Nautilus model, but reading all the feedback and recommendations in this thread convinced me to spend a little more and get the S200 flavor. I got a refurb from pool partz ($599) that is arriving tomorrow. I'm disappointed I missed it when it was $499, but I don't have the luxury of time to wait for a lower price now.

One question- it says this has a weekly timer. Are these designed to be left in the pool on a long term basis?

Right now we are between trees putting lotso junk in the pool. Cedar elms are done and Bois D'Arc haven't started yet. So, we are still on daily run and I empty it ever 3, 4, 5 days depending on rain. I restart my timer every time I take the robot out because I unplug it and untwist the cord. When it is "tree time" then I empty that dang thing daily or more often and restart every time! Then in winter and summer I go every other day, and leave it in and empty it weekly or less unless we're swimming. Lots of options! :thumleft:

We're about to get a billion lollipops in the pool. The first couple of hundred have launched.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

I was originally looking at the Dolphin Nautilus model, but reading all the feedback and recommendations in this thread convinced me to spend a little more and get the S200 flavor. I got a refurb from pool partz ($599) that is arriving tomorrow. I'm disappointed I missed it when it was $499, but I don't have the luxury of time to wait for a lower price

The newest (2017) Nautilis is the s200.

I recently bought a Nautilis (s200) for $569.

While looking over the Maytronics comparison chart for features on their S series, I noted that the S300 allows for a weekly timer yet the S200 does not.

My new Doheny Dolphin Discovery certainly does have that feature... does this mean it is the equivalent to the S300, I wonder?

Yip :flower:

The newest (2017) Nautilis is the s200.

I recently bought a Nautilis (s200) for $569.

That is what I thought at first, but if you look closely, the New for 2017 Nautilus doesn't have the vectored jets of the S200 that enable the tile line scrubbing. It also appears to be a single brush rather than a double. Very confusing!

That is what I thought at first, but if you look closely, the New for 2017 Nautilus doesn't have the vectored jets of the S200 that enable the tile line scrubbing. It also appears to be a single brush rather than a double. Very confusing!

I see that now as well.

Hmmm...I have some thinking to do then. Is the 2nd brush worth $100??? And is the 2nd brush + powerstream (vectored jets) worth $200???

Otherwise, they are the same. Weekly timer, 2hr clean, 50' cable, etc.

2nd brush adds 9 lbs to the weight. But also gives you a handle...

I see that now as well.

Hmmm...I have some thinking to do then. Is the 2nd brush worth $100??? And is the 2nd brush + powerstream (vectored jets) worth $200???

I figured the refurbed S200 at $599 was only $30 more than the New for '17 Nautilus. The refurb has a 1 year warranty which is the same as the Nautilus, so I went that direction to get all the extra features for only $30 more. IMHO an additional $200 for a new one with an extra year of warranty wasn't worth it.

I figured the refurbed S200 at $599 was only $30 more than the New for '17 Nautilus. The refurb has a 1 year warranty which is the same as the Nautilus, so I went that direction to get all the extra features for only $30 more. IMHO an additional $200 for a new one with an extra year of warranty wasn't worth it.

Perfect. I think I'll return my Nautilus and go this route as well. I'm usually quite turned off when considering refurbished units but I'll give it a shot. It has the same warranty as the brand new Nautilus that I bought. Now I just have to see what Sunplay return policy looks like.

It is soooo confusing! :)

Here is what I've figured out as easily distinguishable features to determine what is what so far.

S100, one brush, no Bluetooth
S200 two brushes, no Bluetooth
S300 two brushes, with Bluetooth

There are other slight differences, but those seem to be the main differences.

So, i believe that the Triton is an S200 and the Triton Plus is an S300.

I see that now as well.

I think for a vinyl pool the second brush isn't needed.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.