Does low ph affect plaster?

Feb 18, 2014
Houston, TX
I have always kept my ph from going over 7.6 since getting new pebbletec plaster to avoid scaling i think.

When it rains i tend to go a little heave on the MA and get the ph al low as 7.0, maybe lower. What effect does that have on my plaster?

Here is what i keep my levels at:
Cya 50
Fc 6
Ta 70 to 100
Ch 200
Ph 7.2 to 7.6

Plug all your test results in the PoolMath and look at the calculated CSI. That will be an indication of any issues for your plaster.
Its says its at -0.59.
Other threads indicate to leave CSI between -0.3 and 0.3 for plaster pools be safe from etching/piting and calcium scaling.

CSI seems to be largely affected by Ph but CH and TA also affect CSI. So my understanding is:

Negative CSI = etching/piting
Positive CSI = calcium scaling

If i am able to keep my CSI range between -0.3 to 0.3, do you see anything wrong with keeping my CH around 200?

Pebbletec recommends CH to be from 150-300 while TFP recommends 250-350.
No, because CH will climb from evaporation and refills.

You need to go play with poolmath some more and see how much a role temperature plays in CSI calculations, too. Figure out what will happen if the water gets hotter or cooler.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.