Does Intex pool 8*30 worth it?

I’m going to buy a Intex pool 8*30 sooner.
I think it is going to cost money because of the pump.
but, still i want to know how much it costs to clean the pool.
i need everyone’s help to know about the pool.
thank you for your appreciation.

I’m going to buy a Intex pool 8*30 sooner.
I think it is going to cost money because of the pump.
but, still i want to know how much it costs to clean the pool.
i need everyone’s help to know about the pool.
thank you for your appreciation.

Welcome to TFP!!! :) When you say “clean the pool”, do you mean as far as buying a new filter/pump, the electric bill, chemicals, skimmer, brush, etc.? There are lots of things to factor in when it comes to getting clean, crystal clear balanced water. For a pool that size, you can skip on the big filter upgrade but I would still get a more powerful one than what it comes with but for a pool that size, you won’t need a very powerful filter pump to keep the water filtrated. Chemicals and a good test kit are key to keeping your pool clean and clear. Electric bill costs will depend how long you run the pump each day. I need more info to help lol. There isn’t a one size fits all answer for this. I’d love to help, though. I’m also a new pool owner and have learned a lot on this forum and continue to do so!

Last edited:
And no I don’t believe it needs a ladder unless you have small children getting in and out of the pool. 30” isn’t very deep for an adult (2 and a half feet) but for small kids, a short ladder may be worth it. The Intex brand ladders (if that is what you’re looking at on Amazon) are very narrow and wobbly, in my opinion. It’s all personal preference, though.

YES == Ladder
Unless you think you can hop over the edge. Are you old? Can you still do cartwheels?

You will need to run that pump full time as it comes with that pool. Check and clean the filters every day or 2 days at most.

You can not disregard the pool only for your planned time in it once a week. The amount you use it does not diminish the need for your water chemistry to be safe and sanitary. You need to keep it sanitized daily. Sanitization requires chlorine. Many of us just use bleach (same as you can get at the grocery store).

Read ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry.

You will need a proper test kit. Test Kits Compared

Ladder is the easiest of your pool future. Get the ladder with the pool if it can ship with the ladder. The pump/filter that it comes with is woefully inadequate. It requires 24/7 pumping and will not clean your pool even with that schedule. Blow out the filters with your garden hose daily. Deep clean them with a soak in dishwasher detergent.

Buy a good test kit. It may be difficult to get in your area, but can be acquired.

Last edited:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Without a ladder, the kids will roll over the edge to get in and out and will spill water. The ladder is necessary.

Run your pump 24/7.

Any other questions? Have you thought about a metal frame pool instead of the one with the blow up ring? The rings in those get holes easily.

Reactions: thefloatqueen
Ladders for these pools shouldn't be more than maybe $25. Don't pay that much for a ladder. I realize your locale changes things, but they aren't worth even $25 in the first place.

Do you have any local used stuff sources such as Craigslist? People give these ladders away for free all the time after the pool itself fails (holes usually).

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.