Do you love your Active 20 Robot?

D,

I have been using robot cleaners for about 15 years. I love them. That is not to say they are for everyone.

Maytronics makes the same basic robot under different names for different sales channels. The Active 20, Warrior SE, and the S200 are all the same basic robot with different colors and cosmetic changes. There may be more that I am not aware of.

I have three pools and one in each pool. They work well for me, but like everything, nothing is perfect.

No pool cleaner will clean the steps nor a shallow sun deck.

They tend to only last about 5 years. My last robot, a Dolphin Premier, lasted 7 years, but it was twice the price for an Active 20.

I am not a fan of all the Bells and Whistles that you can get. They just add cost to the robot and most likely you will end up not using them.

What kind of cleaner do you have now?

Thanks,

Jim R.

I've had my A20 for a week. A little disappointed. It doesn't pick up palm leaves (long, thin), which is about the only thing that gets in my pool. Seems to miss som e obvious debris as well. I bought from Marina, and they sent the finer filters with it. I may try changing filters to see if it helps clean better.

My Active 20 is starting its 7th year of operation. I only ever used the pleated fine filters. It picks up everything.

From a life standpoint, I have won. Less than $100 per year.

I've had my A20 for a week. A little disappointed. It doesn't pick up palm leaves (long, thin), which is about the only thing that gets in my pool. Seems to miss som e obvious debris as well. I bought from Marina, and they sent the finer filters with it. I may try changing filters to see if it helps clean better.
Please let me know how it does with the fine filter.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Picks up the leaves I get. Larger ones or long skinny stuff will have difficulty with the way the robot picks up things. Oak tree leaves have ridges that might be hang up on the cloth entry to the basket.
To be honest, I scoop out as many of the leaves as I can. That part is easy. It gets the dirt.

Reactions: dunidake
I have found that leaves are one of the things my robots doesn't clean up well. I think the reason is that leaves have a large surface to weight ratio. I watch leaves float out of the way as the robot gets near it. For an analogy, it's like the pressure wave you feel when a car drives near you which is caused by the car pushing air out of the way.

Reactions: dunidake
FWIW, my 1 new week Active 20 does not get palm(long, skinny) leaves at all. That is about all I have in my pool. Also, the impeller has gotten jammed three times in the last week. The design of these things prevents easy access to the impeller and motor; not sure why they did it it this way. I am a little under-impressed with the unit so far. I did change to the pleated filters this morning so hopefully, the performance will improve.

Does Marina have a decent return policy if I want to just go back to a suction cleaner? I should have verified before purchase, I know.

Cheers.

Take the little cloth baggy thing at the suction inlet out and see of that helps.

Robots are designed for dirt and normal leaves. They are not really designed for palms.

Sorry,

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.