DIY inground pool kit

johnm160

Jan 19, 2020
Orlando
Trench is dug. 3 2 way valves coming tomorrow. Decided I wanted this all done so I can leak check it before everything is covered Tuesday. Thank you all for the advice and help along the way.

johnm160

Jan 19, 2020
Orlando
So I plugged both skimmers and cut the line at the tee fitting and ran the second skimmer up to the pad. I cut out the 3 way valve and put in 3 2 way valves so each line could be controlled independently. This made an exponential difference in how the skimmers operate. I am now very happy with the suction at both. I am glad I decided to do the extra work digging up the connection to change this. @jimmythegreek

Reactions: kimkats

Mermaid Mama

May 16, 2019
Wake Forest, NC
Ignore the leaves. The neighbors trees are dumping leaves in it at an alarming rate. One of the reasons it is getting screened in.
Congrats!!! It looks really great! I am sure your family appreciates all your hard work and now you can relax and enjoy it. We have a bunch of trees around our new pool and we are completely tapping out all of our chlorine each morning when I check it.

Reactions: johnm160

jimmythegreek

TFP Expert
Bronze Supporter
In The Industry
Aug 10, 2017
Morris Cnty NJ
Good job.....that was the right fix
The beat setups have only 2way valves so you can control everything independently. Dont be scared to shut that main drain down to nothing it really helps the skimmers work better. Definitely worth the trouble to do it

Reactions: johnm160