diverter valves position and rebuild

swamprat69

Mar 30, 2019
Las Vegas, NV
All 3 of my diverter valves are starting to stick when moved and may be introducing air into the suction side of the pump. I will be rebuilding all 3 within about a week. I usually run the pool in the position shown with the spa supply and return off. When using the spa I only run the spa supply and return with everything else off. My quick question is can I run with all supplies and returns open? I would guess that this would result in the filter showing a lower pressure than when I am running in the normal "pool" only positon and I would be moving a larger volume of water????

Attachments

• img20210526_12373973.jpg
    img20210526_12373973.jpg
    281.7 KB · Views: 7
Not sure it would make that much difference. I assume your pop up valve sends water to the spa to keep it clean and chlorinated?

Real adventure today after receiving 3 valves from inyopools yesterday. Although assured by inyopools that Part #: 6651-103 is a 3rd party direct replacement for Hayward PSV3S2 (Photo shows a Hayward branded handle and MANUFACTURER CODE PSV3S2 is listed in description) I found that althgough the upper valve appears to be identical, when I pulled and replaced the upper valves I could not get a good seal between the upper valves and the valve bodies. Then I noticed that the replacement valves use a body that recesses the upper valve O-ring into a groove on the body rather than a flat sealing surface on the body. Rather than digging up and replacing all 3 valve bodies, I had a lightbulb moment. I pulled the old (slightly flattened) O-rings off of the original valve uppers (cleaned and relubed) and used them along with the new upper valve O-rings (doubled) and achieved a good seal. Got the idea because the Hayward valve stem uses a doubled O-ring. Thats what I get for trying to save the ~ $100 difference between the $60 complete valves and the $90 Hayward upper valve assembly times 3.

Reactions: mknauss
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.