Disgusting pool at my new house. How can I clean out this muck?

Jxkey

Apr 22, 2019
Columbia SC
Need help getting this muck cleaned out of the pool at my new house I just moved into. The owners drained it and I’m afraid it’s going to lift out of the ground so I wanna get it filled and running fast. No ones lived here for years so the pools been a pond for frogs and snakes. A couple of frogs are still hanging out in it as of today. I’ve tried shoveling this stuff out and my sump won’t pull this stuff out because it’s kinda thick but runny. Any tips or ideas? This stuff smells awful as well making it tough to deal with up close.

• Wow
Reactions: splashpad
Welcome! :wave: Follow our SLAM Process page to the letter. Make sure you have a TF-100 test kit (link below) or Taylor K-2006C. Continue to scoop-out all the junk first. Maybe hit those stained areas with some bleach first and a brush well, then vacuum out the remaining stuff before you fill. Then SLAM. Good luck!

Key,

I would shovel as much as you can and then I would use a pressure cleaner. The pressure cleaner will add some water and with any kind of luck make the muck thin enough to pump out with a sump pump for waste water...

If you don't have them handy, home depot rents it all..

Thanks,

Jim R.

I'll give these options a try. I shoveled out a good bit. Getting any closer to it is slippery and destined for taking a swim in it.
I'll keep watering it down and stirring it and hopefully it'll break down and pump out.

We dealt with similar gunky mess each year with my mother's IG pool. We would powerwash, drain using sump pump, then shop vac the remainer, and repeat the process until it was about 98-99% clean. If algae got going due to higher temps, it really stunk. However, it usually wouldn't take too many iterations to get all the gunk out and pool ready to fill.

I'll give these options a try. I shoveled out a good bit. Getting any closer to it is slippery and destined for taking a swim in it.
I'll keep watering it down and stirring it and hopefully it'll break down and pump out.
Can you add your pool and equipment details to your signature?

Is that a "deep end"?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.