Disable Flow Function of Intelliflo VSF?

Bvill16

Mar 15, 2019
New York
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-60 Plus
Moved from here.
e,

There is nothing wrong with the VSF, it is just that most people do not need the VF portion of the pump. I would buy which ever is cheaper.

If you get the VSF, I suggest that you set up your EasyTouch so that all your speeds are based upon RPM and not GPM..

If the utility is running a rebate, that usually means you must have a professional install. If you planned to do that anyway, then it makes no difference.

Thanks,

Jim R.
Jim, sorry to jump on an old thread, but figured better than starting a new one. Seems I might be able to only get my hands on a VSF (supply chain issues). Is there a right way to turn of the flow settings? I want to make sure I strictly can operate in speed setting instead.

Last edited by a moderator:
B

The VSF can be used as a VS pump or a VF pump. Just want to make sure you do not get a VF only pump. It is pretty hard right now for anyone to find a VSF for sale, so I would be worried about what you will actually get. Some shady suppliers tell you they are going to ship the VSF, but actually ship something else. Also... Never, ever buy a pump with the SVRS option.

The VSF pump can be set up to run VS or VF. When you configure the pump, using the pump's manual, if you don't set up any Flow modes, or schedules, the pump will only run the RPM modes.

Thanks,

Jim R.

The VSF can be used as a VS pump or a VF pump. Just want to make sure you do not get a VF only pump. It is pretty hard right now for anyone to find a VSF for sale, so I would be worried about what you will actually get. Some shady suppliers tell you they are going to ship the VSF, but actually ship something else.
Noted...the online retailer Doheny's has a VSF on backorder with expected ship date of March 11. I have no idea how accurate that is, but I may be willing to take a chance. See below:

Also... Never, ever buy a pump with the SVRS option.
I actually read a post you may have commented on previously about SVRS so I definitely will avoid those. ;)

The VSF pump can be set up to run VS or VF. When you configure the pump, using the pump's manual, if you don't set up any Flow modes, or schedules, the pump will only run the RPM modes.
Perfect.

**One more thing, and this is way above my pay grade here...I hear a lot of people referring to "head loss". Is there a proper way to post a topic about this to inquire more, specifically, by sending pics of my system and asking for advice?

B,

Way above any grade for me.. :mrgreen:

But in the big picture, it does not normally matter when using a VS pump. You just adjust the speed of the pump to match how you want the pump to run with your specific pool plumbing.

It mattered much more when you were trying to match how a single speed pump would work with a specific pool's plumbing.

Thanks,

Jim R.

You just run the VSF pump in RPM mode and never change it to flow mode.

Head loss does not matter with a VS pump for a normal filter and heater equipment setup. You may need to get into it if you have water features.

B,

Way above any grade for me.. :mrgreen:

But in the big picture, it does not normally matter when using a VS pump. You just adjust the speed of the pump to match how you want the pump to run with your specific pool plumbing.

It mattered much more when you were trying to match how a single speed pump would work with a specific pool's plumbing.

Thanks,

Jim R.
Haha, thanks. I assume there is no way I can "overpump" (i.e. buy a pump too strong and blow a pipe?) Currently, I am using the attached pump.

Attachments

• 0A5DD120-AAD9-4F25-9DF0-ECE6124886D0.jpeg
    0A5DD120-AAD9-4F25-9DF0-ECE6124886D0.jpeg
    449.7 KB · Views: 3
The maximum pressure that the largest VS pump can deliver is less than 44 PSI. The rating on all the equipment is much higher than that so there is no real chance of too much pressure.

Reactions: Jimrahbe
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.