Dig day july 20th

Good start! Kind of scary I am sure with the loose dirt.

I do have a concern as there are no "chairs" or lifts under the steel on the bottom of the pool. The steel should be raised a bit so it is fully encased by the shell. I also wonder about the amount of space between the walls and steel as they same thing needs to happen there also.
Talked to the PB they said more "chairs" are on order to complete the bottom of the pool but there will be no "chairs" on the walls. Is that going to be okay? Or do I have to push for them to put "chairs" on the walls as well?

You don't need chairs for the walls as the steel will naturally stay away from the side. The bottom steel will "fall" down to the ground from their weight without the chairs. So long as there is space between the steel and the plywood you are good on the walls.

You don't need chairs for the walls as the steel will naturally stay away from the side. The bottom steel will "fall" down to the ground from their weight without the chairs. So long as there is space between the steel and the plywood you are good on the walls.
Thank You kimkats. How much space should there be between the steel and the plywood?

I don’t see any cage for a second skimmer in the before Shotcrete pictures.
A second skimmer will require support from a rebar cage surrounded it and most likely cannot be added after the fact without great effort.
They forgot about the second skimmer. They said they will give support for the second skimmer with rebar and add it. It is extra effort but they will do it.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I provided a picture of a skimmer just prior to Shotcrete to show how the cage is to be built, core drilling into the existing shell and using the proper epoxy is important to maintain the strength of the skimmer vault IMG_4412.jpgIMG_4413.jpgso you don’t have the structure cracking at the stress point of where the two meet.

Reactions: Newdude
I provided a picture of a skimmer just prior to Shotcrete to show how the cage is to be built, core drilling into the existing shell and using the proper epoxy is important to maintain the strength of the skimmer vault View attachment 528574View attachment 528575so you don’t have the structure cracking at the stress point of where the two meet.
Noted. Thank you for the reply and pictures.

Day 61 auto fill installed. PB started on the missed skimmer on shotcrete day. Day one of building the cage for the skimmer. 20230918_152912[18153]r.jpg20230918_152916[18152]rr.jpg20230918_152932[18148]rrr.jpg20230918_152952[18147]rrrr.jpg20230918_154124[18146]rrrrr.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support