Mar 17, 2021
Massachusetts
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
Hi all,
Having some error message issues with my SWG, and currently not producing chlorine at all. Pool Pilot DIG-220, has a PPC2 cell.

Boosted and got these for readings:

Salt-2900-3000ppm
28volt, 2.3amps
Temp is 79 degrees

This is the 4th season with the pool. Cell was cleaned when the pool was opened last week. I did look at the cell blades and didn't notice anything worthwhile, they are clean, screen was clear.
I've seen three different warnings: Started with Check/Clean Cell haven't seen that since fiddling the past few days, mostly now it says the Low Amps warning, I've noticed the Purifier Off warning once or twice when pump is running at 1700 speed.

I'm trying to read through different threads concerning this issue, but just wanted to start my thread.
I'll update if I have any additional information that would help.

Thanks!

Thanks, I'll give it a try. Everything seems to point to cell or cell cord. Just seemed premature for those parts to go after only really 2 1/2 seasons of use.
I visually inspected fuses/capacitors as well, seemed fine.

Please let me know if I should start a different thread for this question....but I think I'll be trouble shooting the salt generator/waiting for parts to come in for a week or so.
My pool is currently clear from the initial shocking when we opened....but my chlorine level is now zero.
Is there a short term (1-2 weeks) solution to keep my pool clean until we solve the issue? Not sure if I should shock it again since it's at zero, or would it matter since it is just
going to go down again? Thanks

Chlorinate your pool using liquid chlorine daily until you get your SWG running.

Did some trouble shooting with saltpoolguys.com (very easy to work with and helpful) and decided that the cell is burnt out. And luckily, in our discussions they discovered that the company that built the
pool actually installed the incorrect cell for my unit. No clue if that was the cause of the premature life of the cell or not, but happy to be getting the correct one now at least!

Decided not to ever call my pool company again and handle everything going forward. Ordered the test kit rec'd here as well so I'm fully invested in getting it right and keeping it right.
Thanks again for the help, I'll update after the parts come in.

Okay, just finished a SLAM...and now I've installed my new SWG cell and cord. I'll monitor FC closely for a few days to see if it's working...but warning lights are off. With the new cell, I'm at 18Volts and 6.5amps at first check after install.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.