Houston, Texas
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Man my eyes are getting bad and i am having trouble (still) with the K2006 cya test. The dot appears disappears seemingly on its own thanks to reflections on the top of the test vial and the fact I have to take my glasses off and subsequently cant see past my arm (they are transitions) to do the test. All this makes the test annoying at best, inconsistent at worst. I saw a Pentair version of this test on amazon where you stir up the vial using a paddle and then draw the dot up through the vial instead of adding test liquid until it disappears. It seems more repeatable for my set of circumstances.(https://www.amazon.com/Pentair-R151...hvlocphy=&hvtargid=pla-4583863992794296&psc=1).

Has any else used this test kit? Would taylor chemicals be ok with this kit or does Taylor make a similar one?

Any other recommendations of other tests types that could help with the issues?

To be clear, i follow the back to the sun, glance ,add to the next line until the dot dissapears method. Its just a little non-repeatable for me and makes me nervous.

I also have transitions and I have never though about it.. I leave my glasses on because in the summer they really do not get dark, not like a nice 30 degree day in the winter.. They will get so dark it is hard to see LOL..

I have not heard of the other test... If it works for you let everyone know.. It looks like it uses the same reagent from taylor..

I saw a Pentair version of this test on amazon where you stir up the vial using a paddle and then draw the dot up through the vial instead of adding test liquid until it disappears.
That test is fine. It is only good up to 60 ppm CYA. So be aware of that.

You use the same reagents.

Reactions: W.J.Christy
I have that particular test. It's very convenient, putting all of the solution in at once and simply lowering the paddle until the dot disappears. You can repeat the test without emptying the vial. But, I almost never use it anymore because it uses much more reagent than the smaller vial which came in the TF100.

W.J.

I have that same "Moving Dot" test kit.. I like it, but it takes a lot more reagent and has all the same problems that other CYA test kits do.. Seeing the dot is still pretty subjective.

I buy Blue Devil reagents in the quart size from Amazon.

I'm glad I bought it, but I don't find it any better, or worse, than the one that comes with the TF-100.

Thanks,

Jim R.

W.J.

I have that same "Moving Dot" test kit.. I like it, but it takes a lot more reagent and has all the same problems that other CYA test kits do.. Seeing the dot is still pretty subjective.

I buy Blue Devil reagents in the quart size from Amazon.

I'm glad I bought it, but I don't find it any better, or worse, than the one that comes with the TF-100.

Thanks,

Jim R.
It's super subjective. I get so frustrated with that test.

Holy CYA, Jimrahbe!! o_O

I just checked Amazon and saw the quart bottle for around $17.00. If you are using it, I assume it is compatible with the TFTeskits stuff, correct? Thanks for the tip!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.