Diferent Circupool Models output?

Airtrade

Jul 21, 2019
Dayton,Ohio
I'm deciding between the different models by circupool and I am having a time figuring out which model has what output percentage. Also it is a bit confusing as to the hierarchy of their models. Is RJ plus thier flagship or the Core series? Where does the Edge fall in?
I have looked up the pdf instructions but still not quite understanding the levels.

The RJ series is their flagship model right now and that has the finest adjustments of the output. On the RJ series the output can be adjusted in 5% increments. The RJ series also shows the water temp and the salt content of the water on the display. None of the other models do that.

The SJ and the Core allow the output to be adjusted in 25% increments and the Edge allows the output to be adjusted in 12.5% increments.

Reactions: TimTucker
Ok perfect. I want the 5% increments.
I like to run my 2 speed pump on low 24/7
and with a double plus sized SWG that would not be possible.

You can still get around that with a SWG that doesn’t have 5% increments, but you would need to add a timer for the SWG. So your pump would still run 24/7, but the SWG might run at 25% for 16 hours a day, for example.

Obviously having the 5% increments can make it easier so you don’t have to add the timer, but just because you get a SWG without 5% increments doesn’t mean that you need to change your pump run time.

You can still get around that with a SWG that doesn’t have 5% increments, but you would need to add a timer for the SWG. So your pump would still run 24/7, but the SWG might run at 25% for 16 hours a day, for example.

Obviously having the 5% increments can make it easier so you don’t have to add the timer, but just because you get a SWG without 5% increments doesn’t mean that you need to change your pump run time.
Hmm, more to think about. I guess it would be more beneficial to add CL2 during daylight hours.

I guess it would be more beneficial to add CL2 during daylight hours.

You know, I thought exactly the same thing and even posted a thread about it a week or two ago here...

But it seems like the general consensus here is that it really doesn’t matter.

Hmm, more to think about. I guess it would be more beneficial to add CL2 during daylight hours
You know, I thought exactly the same thing and even posted a thread about it a week or two ago here...

But it seems like the general consensus here is that it really doesn’t matter.
If that is true it may be easier to dump some bleach in the pool every evening!
I will probably get the RJ series and a timer, more options are better than not enough.
Now to ponder over output sizing.
The RJ45 is a great price at one dollar more than the RJ30! That is way oversize for a 13500 gal agp.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
The RJ45 is a great price at one dollar more than the RJ30! That is way oversize for a 13500 gal agp.

You can also do the RJ-30+ for a dollar more than the RJ-20+. The RJ-30+ should be more than you need for 13500 gallons, especially since you run your pump 24/7. If you had a single speed pump and were trying to squeeze all your chlorinization into 6 or 8 hours then the RJ-45+ might be beneficial.

Here is my take..Salt level is between 3000 and 4500..I have a taylor kit and hope to set it and test once a year.
It has a low salt low temp, low pressure and light pressure if something is wrong it tells you. Does your car have an Oil gauge or a light :)
Everybody likes different models, if we all liked the same thing life would be boring and we would all bring racers red GT mustangs :)

Also the Edge runs different form my understanding and experimenting
The RJ at 50% runs 90 minutes wide open in a 180 minute window..( from what I have read )
The Edge runs a low power depending on the settings..
Right now mine is set to 2 of 8 bars and draws around 70 watts..Every bar draws more power up to around 210 watts...I like that because I am getting a constant level 24x7

Let me confuse this even more. The RJ+ series are "third generation". The Core and edge are "fourth generation". So the RJ+ is their flagship-ish product....
I know and I don't want to come across as " buy what I bought" but just saying don't over look it. Its a great price and honestly would you trust a 2 minute Taylor or a SWG for salt readings.
I am hopeful with the water balance I have learned from here it last a long time..I bought a SWG to make my life easier.

So.. I am on the verge of buying one myself.. I just need to figure out when I can do it now with my schedule.. I have a 13K in ground... VSP pump. So I don't have to run the pump that much longer than I do now, I decided something in the 40K gal range at 100% is probably appropriate.

Here is my thinking as of now in rank:
#1 Edge-40 40K rating at 100% $840 1.7 lbs a day. 7 year warranty that really is a 4 year warranty the way it's broken down 12% adjustment, switching power supply for true variable output. Clear plastic cell, plastic control unit, but with a big aluminum heat sink on back.
#2 Universal-40 40K rating at 100% $740 2.0 lbs a day. A 3 year warranty that's a meh a 3 year warranty analog adjustment (better than 5%) and ppm reading. Apparent Hayward clone. PVC opaque cell. Metal case on control unit.
#3 RJ-30+ 30K rating at 100% $870 1.5 lbs a day 7 year warranty that closer to a 4-5 year in reality 5% adjustment PPM salt reading. Plastic control unit, but fancy.
#4 SJ-40 40K rating at 100% $720 1.8 lbs a day. 5 year warranty that really a three year warranty in real terms. 25% adjustment range. Plastic control unit.
#5 Core-35. Too expensive, the control unit being on the cell is asking for it to be damaged. No "sale" version at DSP $1200 1.4 lbs/day 7 year warranty that's like a 5 year.

I believe that the SJ is on it's way out, and will be replaced with the Edge. I think the RJ is on the way out too but later... and will be replaced with the Core. This is just my feelings at this point.

Bang for the buck in my criteria goes squarely with the Universal40, even though the replacement cell doesn't last as long it's cheaper and has more output. I rank it second though because I think it's imminently on it's way out and I am concerned about future cell replacements.

So I could be wrong about all of this now, but this is what I could gather with what little information is really out there about these units. Someone knowing more than I do can chime in... I'd take the advice...

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.