DFW New Build 7/6/21-Swimming On 8/28

Today's progress-coping and tile on spa are finished. They dropped off a load of fill dirt to build the elevation for the decking and started to clean the gunite shell-the goal is to plaster on Friday. He said they'll come and acid wash the spa coping/flagstone tomorrow.

Attachments

• IMG_4328.jpg
    IMG_4328.jpg
    845.9 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_4334.jpg
    IMG_4334.jpg
    502.3 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_4342.jpg
    IMG_4342.jpg
    694.2 KB · Views: 72

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Reactions: gingrbredman
See the link to Amazon. Someone else on the forum recommended these and they work great. They are not as fine mesh as maybe ones in a pool store but for $10 you have 100 to go through. Maybe be great for dog hair.

I have been using the hair nets this year because of the recommendations here and can tell you I was surprised just how much junk ends up in there that I never saw before. Wondered why my skimmer basket only had a little in it every day, but then pulled my filters and they were packed with crud. Once I started using the hair nets, I change them about every 2 days because there is a lot in there that normally would have gone to the filter. I was going to look into actual "skimmer socks" because they are a little finer mesh, but for the cost of the hair nets and how much they work, sticking with those for now.

Plumbing done and pool equipment, waiting in gas line to be run and heater. They covered the trenches so quickly yesterday, I didn't get any photos of the pipes run. We have two dump trucks of dirt in the yard waiting for them to use to prepare for decking. Our bid has stamped concrete, but I am having second thoughts. Our PB doesn't do Sundek or Kool Deck...and we don't want aggregate decking.

Attachments

• PE 1.jpg
    PE 1.jpg
    789.7 KB · Views: 50
  • PE 2.jpg
    PE 2.jpg
    768.6 KB · Views: 50
They covered the trenches so quickly yesterday, I didn't get any photos of the pipes run
Get pics of the freshly backfilled trench lines. Close enough several years down the road to know where you need to dig carefully when you’re planting bushes, or know where to find em if need be.

Reactions: Indeeph2o
The plumbing looks great. Nice that they used all Jandy valves for your individual controls.
The one thing I do not see is your chlorinator? is that coming later?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.