DFW New Build 7/6/21-Swimming On 8/28

Hey Indeep !!! I have not built a plaster pool but have read from truckloads of folks who have. As the spectator this stage kinda makes me chuckle a little. This is the most critical thing in the world right now, And it’s even more critical when they install it and it sticks out like a sore thumb for 2 weeks before they plaster. It is absolutely center stage at the moment.

But once it’s all built, and the decorations go around the pool, Furniture popped open, Towels thrown in a ‘I’m not placing it nicely on a chair because CANNONNNNNNBALLLLLLL !!!!!’

The tile becomes just a cast member in an entire ensemble of characters. Sure it has one of the bigger parts, But this play is FULL of big parts.

So as long as it’s even remotely close to something you would like….. you will be in love with it. *Remember that* when they install it and it stands out like a giant neon sign against the construction backdrop and concrete colored shell. It will look a bazillion times better amongst its fellow cast mates when the time comes.
Thanks for the reassurance-I've always felt like at the end of the day as long as we can walk outside our door and swim, nothing else matters. The memories we make will supersede the "design" factors. But, until the water is in it, I'm sure I'll second guess the tiles, etc.

• Haha
Reactions: Newdude
I've always felt like at the end of the day as long as we can walk outside our door and swim, nothing else matters
Again, not only will it not matter, Whether it’s grey tiles, or kinda grey tiles, or grey-ish tiles, shiny grey, dull grey….. etc etc etc….

it will be jaw dropping amazing in the end. It just might not look like it when too much focus is applied at this stage.

You got this. Keep us posted. :)

These are from after the rain and I think they look the same.
I do like how they did the angle cuts and well positioned. You have a good tile crew. Pat them on the back and they will continue to do good work. I also like the tile you selected. I will look great with water against it.

We have been incredibly fortunate to have good guys each time so far. I have a cooler outside with Powerade and water, a box full of snacks, and I check in to see if they need anything throughout the day. In the afternoon before they leave, I give them a case of cold beer and thank them for the excellent job. I'm amazed at how appreciative they are. They've returned this morning to do the coping.

We're stoked....meanwhile all three of our dogs do not understand why we're excited about all the noise, lol

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I'm amazed at how appreciative they are.
Keep it up !!! I see customers all day and years later can tell you who were good people and who were funzanoons just by driving past the house.

I do my job regardless, but the good folks certainly get an extra amount of care.

Some jobs are just textbook XYZ, but so many of them can have 20 other steps taken *on top* of that and my attitude really makes a difference into who gets fixed to a satisfactory level and who will never ever have to call again.

In your case it could be the difference between ‘yeah, those cuts are square’ to ‘would you mind if we put your pics in our next brochure’.

We have been incredibly fortunate to have good guys each time so far. I have a cooler outside with Powerade and water, a box full of snacks, and I check in to see if they need anything throughout the day. In the afternoon before they leave, I give them a case of cold beer and thank them for the excellent job. I'm amazed at how appreciative they are. They've returned this morning to do the coping.

We're stoked....meanwhile all three of our dogs do not understand why we're excited about all the noise, lol

I did something very similar with water, coffee, pizza, tequila and beer, etc. But I feel like my guys are now taking advantage of my generosity, so something to keep in mind.

Reactions: Indeeph2o
Pool builder just called and said they're having a Skyjack delivered on Monday to move the waterfall and grotto rocks over with the hope they can do that Monday & Tuesday then finish plumbing/electrical and get ready for decking followed by plaster. We're excited, but my neighbors probably hate us because they've been sawing flagstone for days.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.