Desperation

Its copper that turns blonds green. Lots of hidden copper in products, like the Clorox XtraBlue line of products is loaded with copper. Ever use those pucks or algaecides before?

Do you fill from a well?? That yellow pic looks like what iron would do in water.

Maddie :flower:
All I've used is HTH shock 4 in one 3 times in the past 4 wks. Algecide (Swintrine Plus) 3 treatments last weekend. The rest have been household treatments that are reccomended

I’m looking at your logs and see no additions of test results from today. It’ll really help out having that timeline. It appears you’ve been all over the place with testing and such, we just wanna take things one step at a time.

So you’re vacuuming frequently and brushing. Every time you brush it clouds up and turns stuff green. Is all this correct?
Correct

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Is it possibly iron staining? My city water is loaded with it. Check with vitamin C tablet, just rub it on a spot and see if it clears.

Fwiw That net (several fabrics including natural ones) can also turn yellow just from bleach (chlorine).

Reactions: CDC
All I've used is HTH shock 4 in one 3 times in the past 4 wks. Algecide (Swintrine Plus) 3 treatments last weekend. The rest have been household treatments that are reccomended

Three questions here come to mind.
  1. First, was the yellow’ish green there BEFORE you added the Swintrine Plus?
  2. Second, have you used this product (or products like it) before in the past?
  3. Last, how much did you add for each treatment?

I ask as looking at the SDS for Swintrine Plus it’s clear this has added a fair bit of copper into your water. This very easily could be the cause of your yellow NOT algae. That said, algae could also be in the water as well as it’s somewhat odd to me that it clouds up as you brush it. Let’s hear the answers to the three questions above and go from there.

Three questions here come to mind.
  1. First, was the yellow’ish green there BEFORE you added the Swintrine Plus?
  2. Second, have you used this product (or products like it) before in the past?
  3. Last, how much did you add for each treatment?

I ask as looking at the SDS for Swintrine Plus it’s clear this has added a fair bit of copper into your water. This very easily could be the cause of your yellow NOT algae. That said, algae could also be in the water as well as it’s somewhat odd to me that it clouds up as you brush it. Let’s hear the answers to the three questions above and go from there.
1. In the pool yes...net no
2. No
3. 3 oz's

I’m looking at your logs and see no additions of test results from today. It’ll really help out having that timeline. It appears you’ve been all over the place with testing and such, we just wanna take things one step at a time.

So you’re vacuuming frequently and brushing. Every time you brush it clouds up and turns stuff green. Is all this correct?
Yes

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.