Desperate Canadian seeking an uncommon ladder from USA

Settleces

Aug 23, 2019
Hamilton, ontario
Hello lovelies !

We have a biggggg problem! Our pool is 50ish years (my fathers childhood pool) it was fully reno 3 seasons ago. In 3 seasons we are struggling to find a pool ladder that doesn’t rust from the SWG. Last years ladder set started rusting within a week and only survived the one summer (pool boy ate the cost) pool boy has since gave up seeking out what we need.
He brought us 1 single ladder, specifically a saftron 3 step polymer ladder. HOWEVER (there’s always a “however”) it is TOO big for our shallow end. We need a much more rare 2-step ladder (which is what we have always had before we converted to SWG)

I have found 1 website in all the world and they DONT ship to Canada.
I am seeking help with either:
1 ) a shipping company that can receive the ladder and get it to us in ontario canada

OR

2 ) another pool company that sells exactly what we are seeking and ships to Canada; a matching ladder but in a 2 step. “Saftron polymer two step

I don’t want to say “cost doesn’t matter” but we’re willing to pay for quality and speedy service lol

and one last thing, I am absolutely 110% certain this is the correct ladder size I am seeking, I could even provide photo evidence of the previous ladders (had a pool store tell me I am wrong and a 3 step will definitely fit in our 3 foot shallow end lol) my assumption is 50 years ago my grandmother likely requested a custom depth due to the fact that my father is physically disabled and she got the pool for his physio (50 years later it’s our party pool)

Attachments

• 32A3D985-E0B4-422F-8202-8EC7B2D41835.png
    32A3D985-E0B4-422F-8202-8EC7B2D41835.png
    567.7 KB · Views: 13
  • 8EEF14B1-20E6-4175-BA7A-8EA275488A22.png
    8EEF14B1-20E6-4175-BA7A-8EA275488A22.png
    520.9 KB · Views: 13
It took a little while but here you go :)

The picture is for the 3 step but it is the 2 step...

They will ship to Canada and have all the colors in that exact step.. Perfect... No more problems for the pool party :whoot:

Last edited:
It took a little while but here you go :)

The picture is for the 3 step but it is the 2 step...

They will ship to Canada and have all the colors in that exact step.. Perfect... No more problems for the pool party :whoot:
Appreciate your response, unfortunately that exact ladder is not salt water compatible (aluminum interior) and we need a fully polymer ladder. But thanks for trying <3

Attachments

• BE1E5E47-7BFB-4A05-8F1F-E1DF0BD03F7E.png
    BE1E5E47-7BFB-4A05-8F1F-E1DF0BD03F7E.png
    453.5 KB · Views: 3
Members in Canada have used MyUS.com for shipping test kits into Canada. They may be an option too.
Thank you for this! This is likely going to be the route I take.. I should order a kit with the ladder then lol (I could only get my hands on the 2005 not the 2006 in Canada)

are there other ladder brands in this world that are recommended for salt water pools? I’d consider any alternative lol

Reactions: cowboycasey
SR Smith? Any of the major US dealers should be able to get this and ship it to Canada.

Look at the figure, not the table, for dimensions.
Wanted to provide an update!
found 1 single vender that deals with SR Smith!
called them, explained the situation, got off the phone, a week later they called back and said they managed to pull a miracle and got me the saftron ladder to match the 3 step we have! (I told her we would accept all scenarios including other salt friendly brands and colours)

she said she felt bad charging me $650 plus tax ($734) but I told her if I had followed thru with a 3rd party shipping company, it would have easily been $1000 lol. Also she said the same ladder in a 3 step she sells for $300 all the time so the two step is definitely sitting in the “custom” group lol
shipping from USA to Canada is still a nightmare tho. She said MINIMUM shipping time is 5 weeks, more likely 10+
Thanks for sending me in srsmiths direction as I wouldn’t have found this one vender on their site (even tho I didn’t end up using srsmith)

Reactions: cowboycasey
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.